Ghost finds you crying

General info

Starting off strong :D

Word Count: 1076

Story

It had been a long past couple of weeks for you. The missions, the recuits, the paper work...

It was all too much.

The stress had gotten to you, making you a lot more paranoid and sleep deprived. The sad part is, no one had really noticed.

At least, thats what you thought.

After a successful mission, the 141 decided to celebrate. The all huddled in the mess hall, drinking, eating whatever the cheffs had cooked for dinner, laughing and complementing one another. You stood off to the side, a half full drink in your hand as you just watched everyone else enjoy themselves.

It was like you were in your own world. Your ears started ringing, blocking out any noise that the group was making as your breath became loud in your ears. Memories of the past couple of weeks came to you in flashes. Small things that had ruined your day or big things that had caused you to run into your office or private quarters crying.

It just hit you all at once. Tears started to prick your eyes, the small tingling sensation causing you to come back to reality.

Your hand was now trembling slightly, causing the liquid in the cup to have ripples in it. You just shook your head and made your way out of the mess hall.

Your strides were purposeful as you made your way outside quickly. You then slowed your pace, letting the light breeze of the late afternoon hit your face, cooling you off from being in the warm building. You made your way to a small pile of creates, all full of various different supplies.

You then threw your cup. The liquid hit the groun a few feet infront of you while the red solo cup flew over to the line of trees that werent too far away. You sat down behind the pile of creates, facing the tree line of the forest while your back rested against them.

You then let it go.

Tears started to flood your eyes as your chin scrunched up and your eyebrows furrowed. The few tears that had started to run down your face left water lines against the dirt and grim that had coated you from the mission.

You closed your eyes, your chest feeling heavy from the stress you had been carrying. Everytime you had cried, you had beat yourself up for it.

You were a soilder. You shouldnt be crying. You shouldnt be caring about the small things that had been pissing you off.

The sound of crunching gravel brought you out of your thoughts as your eyes shot open. You peaked your head around the creates to see Ghost approaching where you were.

You let out a heavy sigh as you leaned back against the creates, your gaze now focused on the tree line again. *Great* you thought. Nothing was more embarrassing than having someone you looked up to see you cry.

"You look pretty lonely." His voice was deep, thick with that British accent he had and slightly muffled from his mask. It held no sense of emotion, like always, and sounded almost cold.

You didnt respond. You wiped the tears off of your cheeks with the back side of your hand as you sniffled a little.

He said nothing else, but the sound of him sitting down next to you was apparent to the comfoting silence that had surrounded you a moment ago. You could feel his gaze boring into the side of your head as you just kept your head forward.

"What happened." His words sounded more like a command than a question. You just shook your head slightly as your gaze moved to the ground infront of you.

"Nothing." Your voice was quieter than you wanted it to be, accidentally letting Ghost know that it had been rough for you recently.

He didnt answer, the only sound that came from him was the sound of his clothing ruffling as he nodded and looked towards the line of trees.

"Everyone's worried 'bout you." His voice was softer than normal, catching your attention. "You left and no one knew where you went."

You nodded as you scoffed slightly in amusement. "That was the point."

The tears had started to threaten to fall again, causing you to close your eyes to keep them from falling. Then, he asked the one thing you had hoped he wouldn't.

"You ok?"

The tears flooded your eyes as you face scrunched up again. You opened your eyes and turned away, not wanting him to see you cry.

He remained silent, the lack of conversation between you two becoming almost awkward. You took a deep breath in an attempt to compose yourself a little before your head turned towards the tree line again.

"It's been a rough couple of weeks." Your voice was high pitched, threatening to crack as you cried. Ghost, once again, didnt respond as he just stared at you.

He then put a comforting hand on your back. This made you look over at him. He was staring straight forward, his hand moving up and down your back gently as he did so.

Knowing that Ghost wasn't that much of a touchy person, you greatly appreciated the small gesture. You wiped your tears and leaned onto him, your head resting on his shoulder. You could feel his heart beat speed up a little before quickly settling back down.

"We should head back." His voice was back to its old self. Cold, emotionless, deep with a thick British accent. "Everyones probably wondering where I disappeared off to now."

You nodded softly at his suggestion before you both stood up. You walked back to the mess hall, the words that never got said between you two making some uncomfortable tension as you rejoined the celebration with the others.

After the celebration subsided, Ghost made his way towards you. He went on to say some sappy stuff about him being there for you if you ever need to talk. He tried his hardest not to make it sappy and awkward, but failed miserably.

You gave him a soft nod and made your way to your private quarters, sinking into your bed after a long day of hard work and pent up emotions.

That was the first night in a while that you didn't cry yourself to sleep from stress.