Price helps you with a panic attack

General info

enjoy :)

WC: 1132

Story

You and the rest of the 141 group were sitting on a hill that over looked a lake. It was late, the moon was out and there was a small breeze in the air. You had just completed a mission and had made a small pit stop here before going back to base.

It was like a reward. The way the moon reflected on the water was beautiful. The light breeze cooled your overworked body while also providing some ambiance of leaves rattling softly from the trees.

The rest of the group were having small conversations. You just stared at the moon, listening in anytime your name was mentioned or when the group was laughing at something.

Price was sitting on one side of you while Gaz was on the other. Everyone went quiet for a second, making your heart start to speed up a little.

A result of your anxienty.

You looked around at the rest of the group to see them staring at the lake in silence. They were admiring the beauty of it.

You let out a small, quiet breath of relief before turning your gaze back to the lake with the rest of the group.

Then, there was a firework.

You jumped a little, not expecting it while the rest of the group had just smiled at the sight. Price had told the people back at base that the mission was successful, so they were celebrating.

Maybe that's why they were all quiet.

You watched the fireworks in silence with the group, admiring the colors and patterns that some of them made.

Then, your smile faded after a couple of minutes. You could feel your chest get tight and a small knot form in your throat as you turned your gaze to the lake again.

You had never been scared of fireworks. You always thought that they were pretty and you enjoyed watching them. So why were you feeling like this?

Your thoughts started to run, trying to come up with an excuse to go calm down a little. A gentle hand on your shoulder brought you out of it.

You looked over to see Price with a concerned look on his face. "You ok? You're shaking."

You held out a hand infront of you to see that he was right. Your body was shaking.

You were starting to panic.

You looked back at Price as tears started to prick your eyes and just shook your head no.

He nodded and reached in his pocket to grab something. He then held out the keys to his truck towards you. "I'll be there in a second. Go calm down." His voice was gentle and calming. It was also quiet enough so that only you would hear it against the explosions.

You nodded and took the keys, getting up so fast that your head spinned for a second while you quickly made your way towards his truck.

Memories of past missions came flashing in your head as you entered his truck. Missions that weren't so successful...

'What if it happens again? What if I lose them? What if we get ambushed?' Questions kept on popping up in your head, making your heart race and tears start to stream down your face.

Fuck your anxienty...

You had been struggling with it for years at this point. You hated it. With all your life, you hated it. It always made a apperance at the worst times.

And this was one of those times.

You were sitting in Price's truck, having a panic attack. The AC was kicked up and you were in the back seat, curled up into a ball on the floor. You found a small amount of comfort from the seats pressing against the sides of your body.

It felt like someone was hugging you.

You were weeping silently while tears ran down your face. Your hands rested on your knees as you tried to focus on the noise of the AC going inside of the car instead of your thoughts. Your body was shaking so badly that it felt like you were faking it.

But the small burning sensations in your chest proved that thought wrong. It felt like you were drowning while your body struggled to get air. You were trying to stay quiet. It was an instinct from your past that you couldnt control anymore.

You then heard the door open, making your breath hitch out of instinct on not wanting to get caught and quickly wiping your tears.

You could hear the clicks of the AC being turned down before some one got into the drivers seat and shut the door. You covered you face with your hands and tried to get your breathing under control.

"Y/n?" It was Price. Thank god it wasn't anyone else. "You ok?"

You got up from your spot on the floor and sat in the seat behind the drivers seat. You could see Price looking at you throught the rear veiw mirrior. His brows were furrowed in concern as he looked at you.

You took a deep breath, trying to calm the burning senstion in your chest and back. You also tried to focus on trying not to cry, which didn't help at all.

Tears pricked your eyes and threatened to fall as you brought your hands up to your face. You could hear Price struggle to crawl inbetween the seats to get to you. Once he was in the back seat with you, he wrapped his arms around you. He hugged you gently as he leaned back against the door.

Your breathing was starting to get jagged again as you cried in his arms. You could feel him rub gentle circles on your breath and whisper sweat nothings to you.

It was soothing. The rubbing on your back made your breathing return to normal and your thoughts clear. You moved your hands away from your face and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't apologize." He said cutting you off. "You don't need to explain either, these things happen."

You nodded as his words sunk in. All your life you had been taught that crying made you weak. Panic attacks were nothing to be concerned about. They were just temper tantrums is what your family told you.

You could feel your body still trembling slightly as tears slowly ran down your cheeks.

Price planted a soft kiss on the top of your head, hoping it would comfort you just a little bit more. And it did.

You can't even begin to explain how greatful you are for him. No one had shown you this amount of comfort or kindness towards your anxienty before.

It was nice to know that someone cared.