Ghost had a nightmare 2/2

General info

Part 2, enjoy :) if you see any spelling errors, no you dont...

WC: 1028

Story

A few minutes later, Ghost eventually came back to the room. He looked like he was back to normal. The stoic expression that he always had on under his mask had returned.

He didn't say anything. He just gave you a small nod before sitting down on his bed. He looked like he was lost in thought for a second before he realized that you were staring at him.

He looked up at you, making you turn you atteention to your book. You grabbed it quickly off of your bed and placed it in your lap as you tried to find the page you were on.

"I'm sorry... for earlier." His voice was sudden as he spoke up. You looked up at him to see that tears were pricking his eyes, but he was refusing to let them fall.

"It's a stupid thing. I'm sorry I dragged you into my baggage..."

You looked at him with a sypathetic expression. You closed your book again. "It's not stupid." Your kept your sincere voice soft and comforting as you spoke to him. "What you went through... that's *a lot* of trama. It's understandable that you have nightmares Ghost."

He gave you a nod before looking at the floor. He sniffled as a tear silently fell down his cheek and soaked into his balaclava.

You put your book onto your nightsand and got off your cot. You made your way over to Ghost and sat on the bed beside him.

"You ok..?" Your voice was just above a whisper as you looked at him with concern.

That broke him.

He started to quietly sob, leading you to put a comforting hand on his back. You rubbed small, comforting circles on his back. Soon enough, he just leaned on you, resting his head on your shoulder as he wept.

You wrapped your arms around him and whispered sweet nothings in a hushed tone as he cried.

You don't know how long you two stayed like that. You didn't really care either, just as long as it was comforting to him.

And it was.

It reminded him of when his mother would comfort him. Those nights when his father would do something bad to him or his brother would scare him. Those were the memories he missed. The ones that weren't filled with violence or pain. The ones where he felt loved.

He didn't feel like that anymore.

He wrapped his arms around your waist, being careful to not make you uncomfortable. He was shaking slightly. His mind and heart were racing as he found comfort in your arms.

"I'm sorry.." His voice was threatening to break as he cried. He had never shown this much emotion to someone besides his family.

It had been a while.

"Don't apologize for this. It's ok to feel like this." You say quietly. He said nothing in return, but you could feel him nod slightly as he buried his head further into your shoulder.

A few minuets later, he had fallen sleep. You only knew this from the quiet snoring that was coming from your shoulder.

You gave him one last rub on the back before trying let him go and go back to your bed. The moment your arms left his back, his snoring stopped and his embrace on you became tighter.

"Stay..." His voice was groggy. He felt slightly embarrassed to say that, but he needed the comfort. "...Please..."

"Ok..." You whispered back, a small smirk tugging at your lips as you replied. He then started to lay down, dragging your body with him.

When he had laid down completely, you adjusted your body so that you were laying on your side next to him. His arms rested on your back. He pulled you closer to him, burying his head into your chest.

You rested one of your hands on the back of his head as he started to lightly snore again. You, soon enough, closed your eyes and fell asleep.

~~~

The next morning, Ghost woke up before you. He had gotten dressed quick and was long gone by time you woke up. He wanted to wake you up and thank you for last night, but he decided against it.

He felt weak for what he had done. It weighed on his shoulders all morning. He couldn't get over it, no matter what he did to try to get his mind off of it.

Despite that though, he couldn't deny that it was the first time in a while that he had slept that good.

No nightmares, no waking up in the middle of the night over and over again, no waking up at 3 and not being able to fall asleep again. He slept peacefully. He hadn't slept like that since his childhood probabaly.

Later that day, he found you. He had personaly told you to stop by his office real quick so he could talk to you.

When you entered his office, him leading you in as you shut the door gently behind you, he turned and looked at you.

"I just wanted to say thank you." His voice wasn't as vulnerable as the night before, but it was still softer than normal. "You really didn't have to do that. You could've just fallen asleep before I got back to the room, I wouldn't have minded."

'Was this man insane?'

"You worried me Ghost. I wasn't about to leave you alone just so I could sleep." You say softly, defending your actions a little.

He scoffed and shook his head, a small smile creeping onto his face that was hidden behind his skull mask.

"Whatever the reason.... Thank you."

You gave him a soft smile and nodded. "You're welcome." You say softly. You then turned on your heels to leave the room. but you then felt a strong hand on your shoulder.

"Please don't tell anyone..."

You gave him a reassuring smile as you looked back at him. "I won't." You weren't planning on it anyways.

You then made your way out of the room.