Price find you...

General info

...im sorry-

WC: 1026

CW: Mentions of blood, death, small amount of grief(?)

Story

You had been shot...

The sticky crimson liquid leaked from your chest as you laid on the ground from the knock back of the bullet. All of you hurt.

Your chest burned with each breath you took, your limbs were too sore to move, your ears were ringing from the loud gunfire. You laid your head down on the cold concret ground of the building you fell in.

You werent going to make it. You knew this the moment the bullet pierced your chest. All you could do was slowly give up while you waited for someone to find you.

All you could do was wait to die.

It was sad. Truely. After all of your life that you had lived. The relationships, the fights, the experances. It all led you to this moment. The moment where you were laying on the ground, giving up. Giving in.

Dying.

Your thoughts started to consume you as you laid there. You felt like you were going to die alone. You didn't hear anyone coming to get you. You still heard gunfire outside the building. You still felt the ground shake at the explosions of granades.

"Soilder!" Someione called out. "What are you-" The voice sounded fimiliar as you  heard them stop in their tracks. Your body ached too much to even lift your eyelids so you could see who it was.

"Oh... Oh god..." He knelt down besides you, his voice heavy with concern and fear. He lifted you into his arms and rested your back on his knees.

His fingers glided over the wound, causing you to wince in pain and open your eyes.

It was your captian. Price.

"I'm sorry..." You whisper, your voice hoarse and threatening to break as tears filled your eyes. He was the last person you wanted to be found by. Out of all the people you wanted to die beside, you didn't want it to be him.

You promised him.

When you joined TF141, all those years ago, you promised him. You promised that you would make it out of the military alive.

He shook his head. "Don't. Save your breath." His voice was thick with pain. He was hurt. He hated to see his soilders even wounded, let alone dying in his arms.

Tears rolled down your cheek as you closed your eyes again. The pain was too much. Your ears were ringing, your breathing was becoming shallow, your thoughts were being clouded with pain.

You heard Price call for medics through his radio. His voice sounded even more strained now. "Stay with me y/n..." His hand patted your cheek, making you open your eyes again. His hand stayed on your cheek, wiping some of the tears away with his thumb.

"I should've ran.. I'm sorry.." You were being filled with grief from your actions. You were reckless. You were being cocky. This was your fault...

That was the only thought you could think of as tears streamed down your face.

"Don't... Don't your even dare to blame this on your actions." Price knew you well. Even so well to call you a friend. Always wanting to be more than that.

"We're going to get you help. You're going to make it."

His words filled you with hope. Even though you knew that his words weren't true, you wanted to hold onto that small sliver of hope he was trying to provide. You nodded in understanding as you stared at him.

"When I die... make sure I'm remembered." You say, your voice cracking as you said it. His expression softed, knowing that what  you were saying was going to happen.

"Come visit me... make sure the team remembers me..."

You could feel it. Your death was coming near. You could feel your conciseness slipping and your eyes starting to flutter.

"Ok... Ok, ya." He said, his voice strained. "Y/n.... you're a good soilder."

Those words made you smile. Even though it was small and it took everything out of you to do it, it was a smile nonetheless.

"I love you..."

Your heart dropped as you heard those words. You were filled with even more sadness as you realized that what he just said was true. The gifts, the visits, him making time for you... He loved you.

"I-..." Your voice was strained. You were reaching your end and you knew it. "I... love you... too.."

You then went limp. Your mind went blank, your vision blacked out, your body felt cold and distant... The last thing you heard was Prices scream...

You were gone...

~~~

Days later, Price visited your grave.

Your name engraved on a granite stone surrounded by gifts by members of the team.

He carried a single flower. Your favorite.

He placed it on the dirt infront of your grave. He made sure that it was laying perfectly before standing back up.

"I'm sorry..." He started. "I should've been there. I should've been able to help. You shouldn't have died...

What I said. 'I love you'... I truely did. I meant it. If I had known this would've happened, I would've said it sooner. Maybe in the next life."

He paused, looking at some of the other gifts that the team had brought. Your friends had brought.

"I'm going to bring you a flower everyday. Your favorite. You would always talk about how you wanted a garden. A garden full of those flowers."

He smiled at the memories. "You constantly tried to put a vase of them in your room and fought me when I came to take it away."

His smile faded. "I love you y/n... If only we had more time..."

With that, he left. He kept his promise though. Everyday, he would come to your grave and put a flower on it. He would come with stories on how the boys had been doing stupid things.

Everyday.

He really did love you.

He even had himself burried next to you when the time came. Your gravestones rested next to each other. Peacefully.

Together at last...