Ghost has a nightmare 1/2

General info

2 parts bc I like writing details and it made this part too long for 1 one shot, hope you still enjoy :)

WC: 1156

Story

You and Ghost shared a room. You were up kind of late one night, listening to music and reading a book. Ghost was laying in the bed on the opposite side of the room. If you didn't know better, you would've thought that he got hit on the head. He was out cold.

You reached over for your water that rested on your nightstand, missing it multiple times. You ended up finishing the paragraph you were on and turning your head to grab your bottle of water, but stopped in concern.

Ghost was sat up on his bed, covered in sweat and breathing heavily against his balaclava as he stared at the wall infront of him with wide eyes.

You slowly took your earbuds out and looked at him. "Ghost..?" You called out.

He shook his head and rubbed his eyes with his fingers. "Fuck..." Is all he said before he stood up and made his way to leave the room.

'The fuck...' You thought. This wasnt like Ghost. He was the hard headed, stubborn, intimidating Lutanient. He beraly ever looked like he regreted his kills let alone scared because of some dream?

You decided to get off of your cot and follow him. You stayed a few feet behind him and followed him quietly. This edventually led you both outside.

It was beautifull. The moon lit sky that was just cloudy enough to give it a comforting feeling. The small breeze that occasionally picked up and blew your hair to the side. The trees were dancing with it. The rattling of leaves and branches was like a soothong song your mother would sing if you were upset.

You understood why Ghost left the room now.

He sat down on the forest floor, his back against a tree and his chest still heavy with the hard breaths he took. His mind was racing with thoughts, memories, and flashbacks. He hated this feeling. It was the exact reason he normaly worked himself so hard, he had to stay awake.

The nightmares.

They've been haunting him ever since he came home that one time... To find his brother and mom addicted to whatever they could get their hands on. It felt like his life went down hill from there.

Even that was an understatement.

He would have dreams of what they would become if he let them continue. He was happy he didnt.

You quietly made your way over to Ghost, making sure that the gravel beneath your slides wasnt too loud. You werent supposed to even be out in the halls after 11. Being caught out here was worse.

Once you reached Ghost, you sat down against the tree across from him, trying to assess the situation without disturbing him. His breathing was harsh, almost like had ran a couple miles. His shirt was still covered in sweat and he still looked shooken up. He was shaking now too as his eyes were closed and his head was leaned back.

"Ghost..?"

His eyes slowly opened and found their way to you. They were slightly red, as if he had been crying. Maybe in his sleep. You wouldnt have heard though because of your music and your dedication to reading.

"You alright..?" You kept your voice low and soft, still trying to get a grip on what happened. He nodded before taking a deep breath to calm himself and closing his eyes again.

"What happened..?" You had started to fidget with the grass around you, occasionally picking up bits of gravel and mixing them in your hand. It was a distraction for you. Mostly to keep yourself calm.

He shook his head after a second. "Nothin..." His voice was harsh, groggy from his exhaustion. His accent was as thick as always though.

Although you expected this, considering Ghost didnt like talking a lot let alone opening up to people, it still made you kind of disappointed. You dragged yourself out here to see what was wrong, only for him to push you away?

"Nightmares." It was almost like he could sense your disappointment at his answer. He let out a heavy sigh before lifting his head off of the tree and looking at you. His brown eyes looked almost black with the forest covering the moonlight.

"Nightmares?" All of this, just for a bad dream.

He nodded. "Ive had them ever since I was young. Flashbacks or memories most of the time..." He sounded sad. He was sad. He was upset about the fact that he felt this way, that he had to go through this. He also felt extremely weak explaining this to someone.

You nodded. You didnt know much about Ghosts past, other than it wasnt a good one. You had heard stories from others about how he had to dig himself out of a grave with a jawbone and how he was hung by the ribs.

You all thought they were just rumors being spread to make him sound as intimidating as he looked.

"So.. Theyre true..." Your voice was just above a whisper, but it sounded like sirens in Ghosts ears. He gave you the small satifaction of a nod before looking at his lap.

He had heard some of the stories about his past that were going around. Although, some parts were tweaked here and there, they were true for the most part. Thats what scared him.

"Most of the stories, ya..."

You gave him a small nod, remorse bubbling in your body about how ignorant you had been. Of course they were true. You had seen the scars on his body. Everytime you had accidently walked into the room when he was finding a shirt or in the locker room to put gear on, you saw them.

"Im sorry.." Was all that you managed to squeeze out of the lump in your throat. You didnt feel like your were going to cry, but you felt slightly embarrassed for not figering it out sooner.

He gave you a small nod before leaning his head back on the tree. You decided that it wouls probably be better if you just left him alone. You stood up, dusted yourself off, and started to make your way back into base.

You didnt know how to handle this. You didnt know if he wanted to be alone or with company. If he wanted to talk about it or just sit in silence. If he wanted to be comforted or just listened to. You didnt know. So you decided to just leave it at that.

When you got back to the room, you thought everything over. About how the stories were true. About how he has nightmares because of them. It was all so... surreal to you in a strange way.