Bed with Ghost

General Info

So i started a fic (A Lady Who Kills) so it gonna start taking me a sec to upload one shots. School also started for me so thats got me busy on top of writing. So sorry if this one shot seems a little slower or less descriptive as the other ones, im just trying to get used to balancing everything again.

Im also thinking of uploading just like 5 or 6 more one shots before i count this collection as "completed/finished"

WC: 1030

Story

It had been a very long day. Your undercover mission with Ghost went south, making your entire body ache for rest. Ghost felt the same way, but refused to actually give in and admit it.

Instead of calling for evac and getting back to base, you and Ghost thought it would be a good idea to just camp out in a nearby safe house for the night. You both thought it was a risky move to go back to the base after your mission ended badly.

Price agreed with this and sent you and Ghost the co-ordinates for the safe house. Once you got there, you opened the door to a sad sight.

One bed.

No couch.

Great you thought.

You and Ghost didnt nessicaraly hate each other, but you didnt really get along either. You let out a heavy sigh. Despite you being the one with cuts, scratches, and bruises littering and your feet aching to get off of the ground, you thought that Ghost should get the bed.

"You can have it." You say, your voice revealing just how tired you actually were. "I'll ta-"

"No"

His voice was strict, leaving no room for arguments or fighting. It was also laced with exhaustion. You give him a confused look while shifting your weight.

"Im sorry?"

"You take the bed." He said as he started to make his way into the room. His boots hit the concrete floor with soft thuds and clacks. "I'll sleep on the floor."

You scoff. This had to be some kind of joke, right? He couldn't be serious. "Why?"

He let out a soft sigh as the weight of his vest left his shoulders. "Just." He says before giving you a look. It was a look you had never seen from Ghost before. You couldnt really describe it, but it had a sense of venerability to it. "Just take it."

You open your mouth to contradict what he was saying, but decided against it. As your mouth shut, you just gave him a nod and made your way to the bed. You knew he wasn't going to give in.

You took your vest off, the weight being lifted off of your shoulders and back making your body feel light and drowsy from the long day you had just endured. You let the vest hit the ground, not caring for the contents on or inside it. You couldn't care less at this point.

Ghost shot you a glare from your actions before just shaking his head in understanding as he sat his vest on the ground gently. He understood how bad you wanted sleep or any kind of rest at this point.

You slowly sat on the bed and then laid down, putting your hands behind your head as you stared at the ceiling. Your body started to relax as you felt your eye lids get heavy.

Then an idea popped into your head. It was a little weird, but it wouldn't make you feel guilty about where Ghost was sleeping.

"You wanna share the bed?" Now that the words left your mouth, you realised how stupid it sounded. You could feel Ghost staring at you as you thought it over.

"Are you asking me to sleep with you?"

You immeadantly looked over at him. "Not like that." You say quickly. You then let out a soft sigh as you looked at his tired brown eyes. "Im just saying, if you wanna have a side of the bed, you can."

With that, you rolled over so that your back was facing him. Part of the reason being that you found it more comfortable on your strained body to lay like this and part of it being that you were trying to hid the embarrassment written on your face.

As you closed your eyes, you could feel the weight on the bed shift, causing your body to lean into the side of the bed behind you.

He had gotten in bed with you.

You let out a small sigh, happy that you didn't have to feel bad for having him sleep on the floor. You closed your eyes, drowsiness and exhaustion taking over your body.

You passed out in no time.

~~~

You wake up early the next morning to the sound of soft snoring and a warm presance against your back. You slowly opened your eyes and tried to move.

As you tried to sit up so you could get on with your day, you felt a gentle, but stiff tug on your waist. You look down only to see Ghosts arms wrapped around you.

Know, even though you didn' know Ghost very well, you knew him well enough to know that he didn't like physical touch.

So what was this?

Despite your better self telling you that you probably should probably get out of his hold so he doesn't freak out when he wakes up, a part of you wanted to stay. His arms wrapped around you was comforting and his light snoring was making you feel like all the responsibilities you had were just lifted off of your shoulders.

"Please stay.." He whispered. You felt his grip on you get tighter as he pulled you back into him, pressing your back against his chest. "You make me feel safe..."

Your heart melted at those words. You couldn't help but smile as you settled back down onto the bed. You got as close to him as you could, your entire back side pressed against his huge frame as he spooned you. You laid there quietly as the morning light seeped into the cracks of the blinds.