König has a nightmare

General info

I just wanna say thank you so much for all the support. I really didn't think that this collection would get this many reads or votes. I really do appreciate it. :)

WC: 1110

Story

It was a normal night. You were getting ready to go to bed after a long day of training and fire practice. Your body ached and yearned for rest. The thought of your bed made you almost water at the mouth for some rest.

As you finish brushing your teeth, you hear a soft knock at the door. Considering that it was late, you didn't pay it any mind. If it was important, they could come back in the morning or bother some other higher-up.

As you rinse off your toothbrush, there was another subtle knock. It was quieter, but it still got on your nerves. Once again, you ignored it, leaving your bathroom and making your way to your bed.

You could hear soft sniffling on the other side of your door, but you just brushed it off as one of the recruits was sick. You walked over to your bed and moved the blanket to get it.

"...Y/n..."

It was a soft voice, but it was also profound. Gentle and venerable. You stood at the side of your bed for a second, debating what to do. You finally let out a sigh as you make your way to the door.

"This better be good." You say annoyed as you open your door. Your expression immediately softens.

It was König. He was in tears as his giant body slightly shivered.

He looked broken.

The sight made your body go cold inside. How could such a big guy like him look this broken?

"König..?" You kept your voice soft and low, unsure of how to approach whatever situation this was.

He looked like he had just worked out. He was drenched in sweat and looked almost faint from how his body was shivering. His mask, although doing a good job of hiding the majority of his face, didn't hide the fact that his eyes were tearing up.

"Can I come in..?" His voice was weak and soft.

Broken.

You nod and move aside so that he can get his big body into your room. Once he was in you shut the door behind him. You then looked at him, concerned and confused.

"What happened?" You kept your voice soft and gentle as you spoke, not wanting to make the situation worse.

He just shook his head as he sat on the edge of your bed and held himself up with his hands on his knees. You took the hint that he didn't want to talk about it and made your way to sit down next to him.

You sit on the edge of the bed, leaving a good amount of space between you two just in case.

"Can I stay here..."

"Of course." You respond.

You didn't know much about König. Not a lot of people did. All you knew was that he kept to himself and didn't really talk to anyone. The only times you had talked to him was when you two were on missions together. Even then, he didn't say much.

You watched him carefully. You didn't know why you did, but something in your gut told you that he wanted your reassurance. He needed it.

"You ok?" You ask. Your voice was still gentle, but it was now starting to reveal how concerned you were for the man. You didn't expect a man as big as him to just fall apart.

You could see him take in a sharp, jagged breath before he spoke.

"...No.." His voice broke and he brought a hand up and under his mask to wipe the tears in his eyes. "I'm not honestly."

You nodded. "What's wrong?"

"A lot."

The moment he said that you felt your heart shatter a little bit. You didn't know what he was going through or what he felt. It was emotions that he didn't even how to describe.

You could hear him sniffle as he threw his head back and looked up at the ceiling. "I had a bad dream. That's why I'm here."

You nodded and put your hands out in front of you on your lap. "What was it about?"

You could see his body jump a little bit at the question. "You don't have to tell me." You quickly say. You then lay back on your bed, letting your head rest on the wall as you looked up at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry." You could hear him say. You look over at him and let out a soft sigh. You knew he was apologizing for 'bothering you'. You used to do the same thing.

"It's ok. No need to be sorry."

He nodded and looked down at the floor, fidgeting with his hands as he thought about something. You watched him for a few seconds before looking back up at the ceiling.

After a couple of minutes, you could feel your eyes start to get heavy and the minty flavor from your toothpaste starts to fade away. You let out a soft sigh as you close your eyes.

You could feel König look over at you as you let your eyes get some rest for a second.

"Tired?"

You nod, not opening your eyes. You hold back a yawn and adjust your head so that the wall isn't putting a lot of strain on your neck.

You could feel the weight on the bed shift before you felt König lay his head on your chest. You opened your eyes and looked at him. You could feel his body shaking and how heavy his breathing was.

"Sorry... I really need this." He said softly, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close. His body was warm.

You let out a soft sigh before wrapping your arms around him. You rubbed small, comforting circles on his back and shoulders as you just let him lay on you and relax. You had no idea what he had been through or what caused him to have a bad dream, but you knew that it was a lot.

Soon enough, you could feel his body relax. His muscles untensed and his breathing became heavier.

He fell asleep.

You felt some weight come off your shoulders as you watched his giant body lull itself deeper into sleep at your touch. You wanted nothing more at the moment than to make sure that this man was comfortable.

You stayed up for a couple of hours after you noticed he fell asleep. You just watched him, making sure that he was sleeping well and that he wasn't having another bad dream.

Soon enough though, the drowsyness got to you. You found yourself falling asleep to the sound of his soft snoring and the comforting feeling of his giant body on yours.