June 26, 2021

I was so nervous about my new job. It was sort of out of my comfort zone. It was basically just a cashier job, but I'd also need to explain plan options and what phone would best fit a person's needs.

And I kind of hated that? I don't like needlessly (in my opinion) talking and trying to push shit on people that they don't want or need. But I was going to get paid for it and I needed that money.

My nerves were so frazzled my control over my sticky hands was slipping, causing my phone to stick to my hands every time I fiddled with it.

I had initially been biting my cheek, but after drawing blood, I quickly stopped. Didn't want to bite through it by accident. I was still getting used to having pretty and healthy teeth.

I needed this job, until either my book sales got off the ground or I had enough saved to not have to work for a while.

And I'd need to start lessons once I get a safe place to live comfortably. I have one more night at the hostel and then I'm stuck. But considering LA is a city, there's bound to be plenty of abandoned places I could sleep in. And when I'm not at work, I can take refuge in a library or cafe. They have free wall plugs I can use to charge my switch and phone. (Though probably just my phone for a while. It was more important. And as much as I hate the thought, I'll probably have to sell my switch if I don't have enough for both food and saving for a place.)

I was utterly terrified and uncertain. From this whole homeless thing to the superpowers thing. I had both my sister's backing me, and even though I hadn't yet told my online friends (still trying to decide if they were safe even if they are also part of the reason why I still walk this earth), I knew they knew something was up, as they had made their support abundantly clear.

I take a deep breath as I step through the door and make my way to the front desk.

"Hi! My name's Raphael Belle and I was supposed to be starting today?" It came out as more of a question then I intended it to be, but the guy at the counter just smiled at me and nodded.

"Welcome! Come on back and I'll take you to our manager."