December 31, 2022

My senses have been screaming at me all day and it was so bad it was making me sick and my manager sent me home. I called ahead to let the neighbors know and they agreed to keep Kamala longer until Emily came home from her seasonal job that kept her busy when she didn't have school so she wasn't stuck at home all the time.

I then called literally everyone to check in on everyone to see if that was what was bothering me.

Emily picks up.

Veddie picked up.

Obviously Yusuf and Muneeba pick up.

Claire does not and it sends my senses into a crescendo.

I immediately call Emily and Veddie again, at the same time, "Claire isn't picking up and my senses are going haywire."

"We're on our way." Eddie says, hanging up.

"Same." Emily says, face creased in worry as she also hangs up.

I head to the long desk by the TV in the corner, pulling open the long drawer and pulling out the black laptop there.

When I went active, Claire had tagged us all in case my identity was discovered and my enemies tried to use the others against me. And when Eddie joined our little family, he and Venom were also tagged.

This laptop was linked to all of them and able to track us anywhere. As long as we're on earth, anyway.

I open it and turn it on and while I wait for the thing to boot up, I strip and slip on my suit. I just finish braiding my hair when the laptop finally turns on and the door opens as a portal opens up and the others are slipping into the studio.

Eddie takes over the computer, and is quick to pull up Claire's location.

We all frown when we see that her location is pinging at her lab and I slowly speak, mind running a mile a minute, "I'll head there and check up on her. See if it's a false alarm. Maybe something she was messing with shorted out her phone."

But we all knew that it was unlikely that was the case. She would've borrowed a colleague's phone to call us and let us know.

I step out into an alley a couple blocks from the lab and take off onto rooftops, the buildings here not quite tall enough for me to feel comfortable swinging from them. One of the reasons I was thankful for living near central LA with all its tall buildings.

So I had to make do with running across rooftops.

Thankfully, my sister's building stood out like a sore thumb amongst the buildings that surrounded it and I was able to attach myself to the side of the building. For once thankful for my mostly white suit, even if my wig causes me to stick out.

I have visited my sister this way a few times, so I knew how to get to her lab easily and I frown when I see the mess that was her lab.

The rest of the place didn't seem to be on a lockdown of any kind, the few windows on the building that I could see people through it. They were all unhurried and u bothered by anything else.

I push the window to Claire's lab open and crawl in.

My senses fall quiet suddenly and I snap my head in the direction they focus on.

There Claire was, tied up and on the floor, just outside my viewability from the window.

"Claire!" I hiss through my teeth, by her side in a heartbeat.

I pull off the tape on her mouth carefully.

"It's a trap!" She hisses quietly, "Osborn's gone crazy."