November 16, 2022

I land on the roof of the place and I frown when I see it was closed down for the night. My senses have been screaming at me since I decided to check in on my mother.

Nostalgia and all that.

I hear a noise at the back of the building and I swing around to see someone laying on the ground and taking stuttering breaths.

My eyes widened and I launched myself down to the ground and was by the person's side in a heartbeat.

Only to feel my heart drop. There, covered in blood with several bullet wounds in her chest, was my mother.

My senses abruptly quiet and I walk up to her, kneeling at her side and taking her hand.

"It's too late." She shudders.

"I know." I whisper, bringing my free hand up to pull down my mask and shove up my goggles.

Her bleary eyes widened, "Madeline." She pauses and corrects, "Raphael."

"Yeah," I blink harshly, feeling tears filling my eyes, "It's me."

"I'm sorry." She sighs.

"Kind of late for that." I told her.

She closes her eyes and relaxes back into the ground, "I know."

"Maybe in another life, we could've reconciled."

She smiles, "Maybe."

"Dean do this?" I ask.

She coughs up some blood but manages a weak nod.

"Okay. I'll stay with you."

She smiles, "Thank you, Raphael. You've become such a beautiful person."

A few more seconds pass and her breathing slows to a stop and her grip on my hand goes slack. I let go and bring my mask back up and my goggles back down.

I had a bastard to hunt down and take care of.