April 23, 2023

It had been a rather stressful day, in all honesty. Kingpin had recently staged a breakout at the prison where Vulture and some of the other villains I had put behind bars were kept.

It got worse when Claire had come to me concerned because Kingpin had also approached her with an offer of joining him in exchange for funding and protection for us and her family.

So it took some debate between the lot of us and Claire suggesting that she could actually be our plant before I relented and let Claire join him.

So I really needed the sight I came home to.

Kamala had been crawling and standing for a while now, so we all knew it was inevitable for her to start walking soon.

So when I crawl through the window and see Kamala standing with her hands in Eddie's I grin, pulling down my mask and replacing keeping my goggles in place so the camera could catch the moment if she decided to try walking to me.

"Kamala!" I sing and kneel. Her head whips towards me and she squeals and the three of us wait with baited breath as she removes herself from Eddie's grip and she takes a wobbly step.

"Ra!" She yells, her pace picks up a bit and she takes several more steps before her legs give up and I lurch forward to catch her.

"You did it! You walked!" I beam at her. Eddie is on his feet and by my side in a millisecond.

"She'd been trying all day." He informs me with a mild smile, "I guess she finally saw something she wanted."

I laugh, delighted.

"I really needed this today." I sighed, hugging the babe closer to myself.