January 12, 2023

"Hey, Raph." Emily calls as she pulls off the shower cap.

"Hm?" I'm only partially focused on her, staring intently at the food on the stove to make sure the food doesn't burn.

"Is burglary off the table for Spider?" She asks.

I look up and over towards her, "Huh?"

She leans across the island and shows me whatever she was watching on her phone. I watch the video silently before I glance at her, "I'm down for it."

She grins, "Can I help?"

My eyebrows jumped up in surprise before I shrug, "Sure. Talk to Claire about getting you a suit."

Once she'd gotten her own job, she'd started taking parkour classes. And she was insanely good at it. Like freakishly good.

I giggled a little at what Emily settled on for a theme, "Kinda on the nose, yeah?"

She grins at me, "I know, that's the point."

"Have you thought about a name?"

"Black Cat, obviously."

"Yeah, obviously."

"Claire said she'd make me some clawed gloves to go with it and wrist grappling hooks to mimic your webbing." She was getting all excited about it and I patted her shoulder.

"You've thought up a plan?"

"Not yet. I want to check out the place first. Honestly, I would've just wanted to do this by myself but the object is way too heavy for a normal person to be able to pick up." She turns and looks at me with a cheeky grin, "Which is why I told you about it in the first place."

I scoff, "You would've told me anyway."

"I would have." She agrees.

A week passed before Claire had Emily's stuff ready to be tested.

I clap excitedly when she steps out of the bathroom in the black and silver suit, fluffy white fur hiding the wrist hooks underneath. She wore a black cat mask with silver detailing and her white wig was up in a ponytail.

"You look fantastically badass!" I grin, clasping my hands together under my chin.

She grins, false fangs peeking through, "You think?"

"Yep! Claire is really good at this suit making thing. She should start a business, don't you think?" I laugh.

Emily giggles and nods, "This suit feels comfortable and if it's anything like yours, I know it's tough."

It genuinely takes a lot to tear through my suit. Most of the time, I just come home with bruises. Bad bruises, sure, but just bruises nonetheless.

So far, one of the few things that's been able to get through the suit was Venom and its teeth/claws.

And Kingpin's bullshit cane laser. But that's a different story. And also a laser. Which isn't exactly conventional by any means.

"Let's go stakeout the place now, yeah? We got sister's to reunite." I smile, grabbing my jacket from the back of the couch and throwing it on as I remove my glasses and put them in one of the secure inner pockets of my jacket.

I pull down my goggles as I bring my hand up to pull up the coordinates to our location.

"Let's rob us a museum."