Chapter 8

Tristian

Natasha was the first person who actually asked me why I had gotten kicked out of my previous school. It felt weird opening up to her, showing her a different side of me after years of hiding it. It was no secret that I liked girls in high-school, that's why I was so open about my failed love-life to her.

Talking or even thinking about Danielle is something I like to refrain from doing. Or try to. Some nights I stay up all night just thinking about her and how easy it was for her to betray me like that.

Even when my mind drifts back to our intimate moments together, when she would tell me how special I made her feel, I remember the heart crushing feeling of her accusing me of hurting her. I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

The tears in my eyes. The bile in my throat. The fear of being attacked because of my sexuality, at a party that no one even knew I attended nonetheless. The way I felt about her didn't matter anymore, because she did what she did, and there was no going back.

I was interrupted by my thoughts after suddenly spotting Natasha on her way to the main dining hall, holding her bag closely to her side. I felt my mouth twitch into a small smile, admiring the beauty of her resting face.

"Fuck." I cursed, shaking my head lightly. I couldn't. Not now.

My feelings for Natasha slowly dwindled down during the summer, and then completely washed
my away after meeting Danielle. But laughing with her in my kitchen the other night brought up old feelings that I went through hell trying to get rid of.

I keep having to tell myself that she doesn't love me, never did and never will. She doesn't even like girls. Plus, I had to stick to my original plan without catching feelings for her, again. But I had to find a way to befriend her friends.

I bit my lip in thought, and before I knew it I was walking through the dining hall searching for her. I heard a loud laugh from behind me. I turned around and saw Natasha already getting ready to leave her group of friends.

I caught myself staring and began making my way towards her. She had already waved goodbye to her friends, but they were still within earshot when I reached her.

"Hey," I said in a low voice, leaning forward so that my lips were close to her ear. She turned around, surprised to see me so suddenly. She tucked a braid behind her ear and smile warily, giving her friends a side glance after noticing that they were staring at us.

I didn't realize how close I was to her, with my hands shoved deep into my pockets, and my eyes giving her all of my attention.

I silently stepped back, scratching the back of my head awkwardly.

"Hi," She says briefly.

"I uhh...I just wanted to say thanks, for listening to me last night. I haven't been able to talk to someone like that in...a long time." I smile, trying my best not to show any sign of attraction. Natasha was seriously a sight for sore eyes, with her long braids complimenting her brown skin, and her jeans fitting her legs just right.

"It was nothing," She shrugs. She tries her best to avoid the numerous gazes of her friends near us.

I slowly turn to them, fixing my posture when I realize they're now looking at me. I smile, stepping forward to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Tristian."

"We know." One of the older girls say, staring at me through her thin rimmed glasses. "Natasha just has yet to properly introduce us, all you guys ever do is run away together."