Chapter 9

Tristian

I couldn't keep my eyes off Natasha all damn night. The buttoned vest she had on over a plain black shirt showed off her chest in most perfect way possible. Watching her thin legs flex every time she walked was like an addiction, and I couldn't help but make my attraction to her known. But I felt like it was high school all over again after being rejected whenever I stared at her. I would occasionally lock eyes with her, but she would always look away immediately. Whenever her friends started a conversation with me she was quiet, well up until now.

"Tristian, where did you say you went to high school?" Tommy asks mid-bite.

Natasha's aggressive chewing comes to a halt, her eyes flickering over to me, almost as if she was sending me an internal warning.

"Duvall High School," I regret my answer immediately when I see numerous heads turn towards Natasha.

"Didn't you go to Duvall, Nat?" Monte asks, covering her mouth as she chews her food.

She stares ahead like a deer in headlights, slowly placing her fork down. "Y-Yeah. I did. Small world, huh?" She lets out an awkward chuckle at the end.

The rest of the table obviously doesn't buy it, so Violet is the one to call her out on her short answer.

"Were you guys friends?" She tilts her head, almost tauntingly. Violet is a smart girl, she looks the part too. So, I don't know why she's trying to play dumb, especially when I can tell that she can tell that there's something going on between the two of us.

"No."

"Yes."

We glare at each other at the same time, and I take this opportunity to take over once again.

"It was complicated. We sort of dated-" I get interrupted when Natasha's cold hand slaps over my mouth. She shot up from her seat and practically leapt over the table to shut me up.

"No!" She hissed, freezing when she realized what she had just done. "We didn't date. Ever. We just..hooked up once and a while." She sent a snarl my way, sitting back down into her seat.

I was suddenly attracted by the reminder of her strength behind her thin figure. Natasha never had any trouble fighting me in high school from all the sports she played.

Her friends glanced around at each other, sending us looks of confusion.

"Okay.." Violet responds warily.

This is a disaster.

As we all continue to eat I can tell everyone is still curious about our relations together, but they don't mention a thing about it, chatting away as the night progresses.

I stepped outside for fresh hair, alone and cold, thinking to myself. Everyone's reaction to Natasha revealing the fact that we slept together during high school made it seem like it was nothing out of the ordinary for her. Did she sleep with girls often? Is this the answer to the one question I've been meaning to ask?

I don't have feelings for her now, of course. But if there was even a small chance she could've had feelings for me, I would like to know.

As I watch my breath immerse into the cold air, I hear the door beside me open, as well as the sound of heels clicking against the concrete.

I look to my right, leaning back against the wall as I examine her making her way towards me. She's all bundled up into her jacket, her brown cheeks now showing hints of pink from the cold weather.

I raise my eyebrows in expectancy, waiting to hear curse words shoot out from her plump brown lips. But nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"I just wanted to check on you. You've been out here for a while."