33. Family Dinner

Lara's POV:)

I sat down on my bed leaning back on the headboard as I watched the nurse and some of my dad's men packed every medical thing to clear my room.

As they went outside carrying everything, my mom came inside. I smiled at her as she sat down beside me.

"How are you feeling hon?" She asked softly.

"Well, I can walk today." I said as I smiled at her trying to lighten up.

Yesterday after I woke up, I tried to stand but fell face down on the floor.

"Lara, is something bothering you?" She asked with frowning.

"Nothing mom. I'm all good"

"Then why can't I see a genuine smile on your face?" She asked giving me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes "Mom. I'm really fine. Now tell me why you came here?"

She doesn't seem to buy it but let it go fortunately. "I came here to call you for dinner. Your father said that we should have a family dinner, now you got well."

I nodded my head. "I will come after taking a shower." I said as she went out of my room after giving me a kiss on my cheek.

I stood up from bed and walked into my bathroom. I stripped out of my pajama and then removed my bra and panties. I put them into the cloth basket before stepping into the shower naked. As the warm water slides down my body I can't help but think about the familiar grey eyes which I want to see so badly.

I wonder what he is doing now. What he has been doing for four months. The last time we saw each other was when I saw the entrance of hell.

I really want to know what happened in these four months which feels like a week's sleep for me. I have no phone or laptop to use right now so I have to wait until my father gives me mine.

I stepped out of the shower, standing in front of the mirror, my eyes catches the scar in my stomach. I trailed my fingers on it. It is a big ugly scar.

After doing my skin care routine I wrapped a towel around me and walked into a closet to get a dress.

I changed into a simple v neck casual sundress which ends above my knees before I went out of the room and headed downstairs.

As I entered the dining room I spotted my family sitting there talking about something. When everyone's eyes landed on me, my father was the first one to stand and walk to me before giving me a tight hug. I hugged him back before we broke the hug.

"You are back my little lioness." He said with a half smile.

"Yes, dad. And I'm glad you finally came to see me." I said playfully.

"My apologies dear, I'm not there when you wake up but I cancelled my trip halfway after hearing the news about you from your mother." He said with little sadness in his voice.

"Anyways. Are you feeling okay now?"

"Yes dad. I'm-"

"She is stronger than you think father. Even sometimes I doubt whether she really is my sister or my brother who is in disguise." Lorenzo said with a chuckle as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up monkey."

"Enough. Now everyone sit, let's eat." My mom said glaring at me and Enzo playfully.

As we all started to eat I couldn't help the smile on my face. We talked a lot as I ate everything on my plate because of my hunger. After we finished our dinner, Enzo took me to our garden for a walk as we left them both to spend some time together.

We walked in the comfortable silent while gazing at the dark sky. "Let's sit here." I said as we sat on the stone bench which is placed in the centre of the grass.

"So, how is your life going so far? And you should update me with everything I missed." I asked trying to get something out of him.

"There is nothing worthy that you should know Lara. But you made us all worried. I hate to say this but I really missed you." I scoffed.

"Lara, I want to tell you something and you are the first one I'm sharing this with." He suddenly said as I saw at him curiously.

"I guess I'm in love with one girl and -"

"What? Who is she? Do I know her? Is she-"

"Will you first let me finish. Actually she is my classmate in middle school. She proposed to me while in middle school but I rejected her telling that I like someone else." He looked at me cautiously as I frowned thinking that he never told me he liked any girl ever.

"The girl I used to like was Maria.." he paused as my eyes widened.

"You and Maria?" I asked shocked at this new information.

"No. I liked her but she said that her friendship is important for her and she can't do anything behind your back." He chuckled "but that only made me like her so much. I decided to tell you before proposing to her again. But before that happens she's gone." He had a sad look in his face.

"I..I'm sorry Enzo. I didn't know -" I said with genuine sympathy for him. I had no idea about this and I'm feeling sad for him.

"You don't need to be sorry Lara. It's not your fault. Anyways the girl I'm talking about.. her name is Nia. I met her again a few months ago. We talked for a while and she said that she still has a feelings for me. I gave it a try and went on a date with her. She really is a nice girl you know. She asked me to give her a chance so without another thought I asked her to be my girlfriend. We are now dating for six months and I kind of like h - no I love her." He sighed happily at the end.

By now I have happy tears in my eyes. I lifted my hands and gave him a tight hug. His body gets stiff with shock but he hugged me back a few seconds later.

We broke the hug and I said with a genuine smile. "I'm so happy for you. And I really want to meet your girl."

He smiled back. "Sure. Now let's go inside before you get cold."

We both went inside and to our room. I stepped inside my room and stopped in my tracks as I saw my phone and laptop laying on the table. I smiled as I remembered my father saying that he will keep it in my room. I want to use that to get in contact with someone to get updates but now I want nothing but my bed to sleep. So that work is for morning.

As I stepped towards my bed I got alert upon hearing my door lock. I turned around with full speed and saw a shadow standing in the dark. I waited for that person to make a move but I got stunned when he stepped out of the dark and towards me.

My heart is pounding inside my chest as my breath suddenly seems to stop. He has a big manly beard and his hair looks a little long. He took another step towards me as our eyes locked. I can now see his grey eyes with the help of moonlight. His eyes roaming all over my face like he is trying to memorize my every feature.

We looked at each other for what seemed like an hour before I broke this tension between us as I whispered "Zanvil."

______________________________________

Wooooaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..