𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE| ravagers ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

THE PINK skinned woman watched the Orb glow mysteriously from afar. The reflection from the projection filled her pupils, clearly showing fear.

"Beyond compare." Tivan announces to the group that he is absolutely bewildered by the object that lies in front of him.

"Blah, blah, blah." Rocket says sarcastically clear that he's getting sick of the constant chatter the buyer gives. "We're all very fascinated, Whitey. But we'd like to get paid."

"How would you like to get paid?"

"What do you think, fancy man? Units!" Rocket smartmouths. Aria turns around, facing the pink woman, confused by her unusual actions. The woman inched closer to the table, which held the orb, as Tivan opened a draw.

"Very well, then."

The pink woman was now standing in front of the orb, eyes glued to it, not moving whatsoever.

"Carina." Tivan scolds her in an attempt to prevent her from doing something bad. She then turns to face him and hears his voice. "Stand back."

"I will no longer be your space!" She shouts back at him, putting her hand on the orb and breaking the projection.

"No!" Tivan screams in protest.

Everything in the room broke in a heartbeat, and for a single second, Aria thought she had died. Aria ran, attempting to dodge the bits of flying glass coming her way, taking cover behind a desk close to Peter and Gamora. Aria's screams muted themselves in her brain and formed a melody with Carina's until the woman was destroyed. Once the whole building was almost torn to shreds, both Peter and Gamora raised their heads, both wide-eyed, at the scene that just occurred. Aria's head remained on her knees, tucked in, blocking out any sound. As she raised her head, sparks began to light up from beside her, instantly causing her to back away.

Scooting herself away she accidentally bumped herself into Peter.

"Oh, shit." She mumbles her voice croaky.

"You okay, kid." He asks the whole sentence her catching her by surprise. She doesn't give a response but nods her head tightly gripping on Peter's arm.

Gamora stands up running over to the Orb shutting it and walking out of the exit.

"How could I think Tivan could contain whatever was within the Orb?" She says in complete confusion.