𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN| ravager funeral▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ARIA FELT ODD looking at Yondu Udonta's body. She knew Peter valued him more than ever. Peter Quill had a complicated childhood, much like Aria did herself. She knew what it felt like to grieve; she of all people did.

Xenos watched her body language; Aria was clearly out of it and thinking of her past. It saddened him; he felt like he was the reason, having met her for the first time hours prior. He'd never lost anyone in life, so he had no idea how Peter felt. He felt horrible. But there he was, standing around the table with all the other guardians, grieving for the man.

"I told Gamora how when i was a kid. I used to pretend that David Hasselhoff was my dad. He's a singer and actor from Earth, a really famous guy." Xenos knew who Peter was talking about. He knew from his multiple visits to Earth beforehand. " Earlier, it struck me. Yondu didn't have a talking car, but he did have a flying arrow. He didn't have the beautiful voice of an angel... but he did have the whistle of one. But both Yondu and David Hasselhoff went on kick-ass adventures... and hooked up with hot women... and fought robots. I guess David Hasselhoff did kind of end up being my dad after all. Only it was you, Yondu."
A tear dropped from Peter's eye as he said this.

Gamora placed an arm on his arm as he spoke again. "I had a cool dad. What I'm trying to say here is that sometimes that thing you've been searching for your whole life... it's right there by your side all along. You don't even know it." Gamora watches as Nebula leaves the room and walks out to speak to her.

Aria silently excused herself on her way to wander around the ship like she usually did. She found herself watching Gamora look out the window as her sister prepared to leave.

"Gamora?" Aria called as she turned around at her name being called. Her eyes softened when she saw Aria standing there. "Are you okay?"

Gamora looked at the girl she'd always adored and nodded slowly. "Yeah."
Gamora caressed her cheek and looked at her dark blue eyes. Gamora wrapped a pink bracelet around her wrist smiling as she wrapped it. Their moment was interrupted when they saw ships flying outside. They made their way to the main part of the ship, meeting Peter and Xenos on their way.

"What is it?"

"I sent word to Yondu's old Ravager buddies and told them what he did." Rocket told him as the ships positioned themselves.

"It's a Ravager funeral." Peter told the group. Aria grinned as the fireworks were released. Xenos had never seen her this happy.

"He didn't chase them away." Rocket mentioned watching the scene before him.

"No."

"Even though he yelled at them, And he was always mean. And he stole batteries he didn't need."

"Well, of course not." Peter mumbled.

Xenos grabbed Aria's hand as silent music played in both of their minds.

"Wanna dance?" Xenos asked. Aria smirked and nodded, reminded of when they first met. The way they danced wasn't a graceful, embarrassing dance like before; it was a dance that they laughed at as they did so. It didn't even have a name.

"For the record, I like you too." Aria told him, recalling his words from earlier. Xenos was a little stunned, but smiled.

THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY WILL RETURN.