𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN| killing a celestial▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

GAMORA CHARGED HER WAY towards the little group standing in a huddle. Nebula trailed behind her, which made Aria's eyes widen slightly, as did Xenos'. Gamora shoved Mantis against the wall, holding her by her neck.

"Who are you people?" She stated it bluntly, tightening her grip each second she didn't reply. "What is this place?"

"Gamora, let her go!" Drax argued with the woman, but she ignored him. The teenagers stood there silently watching the scene unfold, Aria's hand slipping into Xenos' slowly.

"The bodies in the caverns... Who are they?" Gamora raises her voice at the last sentence as Mantis' antenas light up.

"You are scared." Mantis stated, reading her emotions. Gamora immediately dropped her to the floor, breathing heavily and looking at the girl.

"What did she do to me?"

"She already told us everything." Drax told Gamora, watching her look at Aria.

"She should've told us earlier." Aria spoke aloud, squeezing Xenos' hand as she did so.

Mantis was standing up now, holding her hands close. "The bodies are his children." Gamora's blood went cold.

"We need to find Peter now and get off this damn planet." Gamora said sternly, looking at the group.

"Ego will have won him to his side by now." Mantis cut her off.

"Can we just go?" Nebula asked, speaking up for the first time since she got there.

"No! He's our friend." Gamora replied, looking at her sister.

"All any of you do is yell at each other. You are not friends." Nebula tries to make a point.

"You're right." Drax spoke, and everyone faced him. "We're family. We leave no one behind. Except maybe you." Drax aimed the end sentence at Nebula.

"Oh, my God." She sighs, shaking her head.

Gamora goes to the window, looking at the view, with Rocket's communication device in her hand.

"Finally! Rocket?" She greeted.

"Keep that transmitter nearby, so I can find you. We're in an old piece of construction equipment Yondu once used to slice open the Bank of A'askavaria." Rocket said through the comm.