𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE| the sovereign▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"SHOWTIME, A-HOLES!" Peter Quill announced to his family holding a device that told him where the creature was. "It will be here any minute."

"Wow, Peter." Aria spoke sarcastically about two big steps away from the Terran man. "And you tell me not to swear." She rolls her eyes.

"I didn't swear." He pauses, furrowing his brows. "I censored it." Aria hums at this.

Over the course of the two months, Peter had been working closely with Aria to limit her swearing. However, this barely worked as her what he called 'rebellious teenage years' took over and won the battle, causing her to roll her eyes at his clear dumbness every damn time.

"Which will be its loss." Gamora says this from behind Peter, cocking a gun.

"I thought your thing was a sword?" Peter questions the woman as she rolls her eyes at him.

"We've been hired to stop an interdimensional beast... from feeding on those batteries, and I'm gonna stop it with a sword?" Gamora looks at the man in disgust.

"It's just, swords were your thing and guns were mine. But I guess we're both doing guns now. I just didn't know that." Peter explains while he looks to the sky for the beast.

"Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero-rigs?" Gamora scolds the Kylosian man.

"It hurts." He admits turning the other way.

"It's hurts?" Gamora repeats in disbelief as Drax turns to face her.

"I have sensitive nipples." He tells the group, as it almost came out like a whisper. Rocket's laugh then began to howl, which was followed by Aria's signature snort and Gamora's glare.

"My nipples hurt! Oh, goodness me!" Rocket mocks, letting out his laugh loudly.

Drax points at him aggressively. "What about him? What is he doing?" He accuses.

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work."

"How is that a priority?" The man stands there, dumbfounded.

"Blame Quill. He's the one who loves music so much." Rocket exclaims, pointing the finger at Peter.

"No, I actually agree with Drax on this. That's hardly important right now." Peter admits looking at the racoon.