𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN| ego▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

CHAPTER TEN| ego
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"ARIA, YOU COME HERE?" Despite being in another room, Peter's words resounded throughout the ship. Still seated across from Xenos, Aria was pleasantly relaxing back in her seat as the boy gave her a beady-eyed look.
"Aria!" His voice rang again as the girl groaned in reply.  
"I'm coming!" She exclaims while rolling her eyes. Xenos gazed at her as she turned to face him.
"I'll be back." She mutters. "If anyone says anything, tell them I left you here." 
The cloak that Xenos had earlier given her was wrapped around her lower arm as she left the room. Peter greeted her as she rounded the corner.

"Who is this kid?" Peter went straight in and surprised Aria by getting right to the point. "Is he a threat?"  

"He's just someone I met the day before, you know." She pauses, hoping for him to realise what she's talking about. "He's not a threat." Aria comforted him by maintaining direct eye contact.

"What are we going to do with him?" Peter asked again, trying to be serious and grabbing the cloak from the girl's arm. 

"I'm not sure," Aria admits to staring at the ground. "He's innocent,"

"Okay." Peter murmurs. "We'll keep him on the ship for now." 
Aria gave a head nod. She had little knowledge of Xenos's motivations. Additionally, she was simply perplexed.

Aria made her way back to the room where Xenos was sitting.

"Xenos." She calls, and he immediately looks at her. "Come to the front of the ship; we're about to head off to Xandar."

He nods his head in confirmation as he gets on his feet, following Aria from behind.

"Do you still draw?" He asks her as she turns the corner. Her expression remains blank.

"No, I haven't done it for months." She admits it and opens the door to the front of the ship. "Sit here." She points to the seat, giving him an encouraging smile.

Aria walks to her own seat which was in the middle left beside Gamora's.
"This is weird. We've got a Sovereign fleet approaching from the rear." Peter mentions.

"Why would they do that?" Gamora asks sitting down in her seat.

"Probably because Rocket stole some of their batteries." Drax blurts out.

"Dude!" Rocket complains turning to face the man.

"Right." Drax pauses. "He didn't steal some of those. I don't know why they're after us. What a mystery this is."