𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN| first vacation ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"I HIRED YONDU TO PICK YOU UP WHEN YOUR MOTHER PASSED AWAY," Ego told the group as they sat around the campfire, intrigued. "But instead of returning you... Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why."

"Well, I'll tell you why. Because I was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't. It made it easier for thievin'." Peter says, looking to the floor.

"Is that why you have three with you?" Ego tries to joke, but then mentally takes it back as Aria stares into his eyes.

"Tough crowd." He mutters as Xenos sits there emotionless, causing Aria to worry.

"Well, I've been trying to track you down ever since." Ego changes the subject in embarrassment.

"I thought Yondu was your father." Drax stated that he was confused.

"What? We've been together this whole time... and you thought Yondu was my actual blood relative?" Peter is dumbfounded by the man.

"You look exactly alike." Drax argues, then turns to face Rocket.

"One's blue!" Rocket shouts, realising his stupidity.

"Drax, you idiot!" Aria laughs, almost spilling the bowl containing her soup.

"No, he's not my father! Yondu is the guy who abducted me, kicked the crap out of me so I could learn to fight, and kept me in terror by threatening to eat me."

"Eat you?" Ego repeats, almost choking on his food.

"Yeah."

"Oh, that son of a bitch."

"How'd you locate us now?" Gamora asks the man, utterly confused, how he found them.

"Well, even where I reside, our past the edge of what's the know we've heard tell about the man they call Star-Lord."

"You mean Star-shit?" Aria laughs as Peter elbows her in the arm, causing her to mumble softly. "Ow."

"What say we head out there now?" Ego offers to ignore Aria's comment. "Your associates are welcome. Even that triangle-faced monkey there. I promise you, it's unlike any other place you've ever seen." Ego explains as Rocket touches his face at his comment. "And there, I can explain your very special heritage. I finally get to be the father I've always wanted to be. Excuse me. I've gotta take a whiz." He concluded by trotting away.