𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT| hero's▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

THE GUARDIANS were taken to the Nova Corps headquarters to be examined for injuries. It turns out that as a small token of appreciation for saving Xandar, they were also given new clothing. In search of the style that would best fit her, Aria rummaged through the wardrobes. She instantly reached over to the shelf, grabbed the dark red bomber jacket, put it on, and gave herself a warm embrace.

She then walked to the main meeting room, where everyone was gathered discussing Peter's heritage.

"I'm not Terran?" Peter is clearly perplexed. Aria turned her head at this in the same confusion.

"You're half Terran. Your mother was of Earth. Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen before." Nova Prime told the man.

"That could be why you were able to hold the Stone for as long as you did." Gamora spoke up, letting her idea float in the air.

"Your friends have arrived." Nova Prime announced. "On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you."

"Thank you, Nova Prime." Peter smiled at the woman, nodding his head. Aria did a little run beside Peter, excited at the surprise they were going to get.

"Oh, my god, Peter. What is it?" She asked excitedly, and all of a sudden she felt like a little kid again. Peter sighed, shaking his head.

"You're acting like I know." He playfully scoffs as Aria sticks her tongue out at him.

"We tried to keep it as close to the original as possible." The group was looking at the ship in front of them, which seemed to be a copy of the Milano. "We salvaged as much as we could."

"Wow." Peter mumbled, astonished. "Thank you."

"I have a family. They're alive because of you." Aria smiled at this; however, deep down, she was a little jealous, but she had the guardians now. "Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."

"Question. What if I see something that I want to take and it belongs to someone else?" Aria would've asked the same question, but her thieving days were over.

"You will be arrested."

"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?" Rocket tries to negotiate.

"It's still illegal."

"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand? What are you laughing at? Why? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?" Rocket complained and walked away with Gamora.

"What if someone does something irksome and I decide to remove his spine?" Drax speaks to him, continuing Rocket's motif.

"That's—that's actually murder. It's one of the worst crimes of all. So also illegal." Drax hums, walking away.

"They'll be fine, Dey." Peter reassures. "I'm gonna keep an eye on them."

"Yeah, right." Aria rolls her eyes playfully before running over to Drax, catching him up.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Peter, this song is a bop!" Aria shouts even though he was sitting right behind him as he was in the pilot seat.

"Yeah it is!" Peter confirms doing some funky-looking dancing as Gamora approaches from behind.

"So, what should we do next? Something good? Something bad? A bit of both?" Peter asks the group, and Aria can't even think of an answer.

"We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord."

"A bit of both." He announces this as the ship takes off. Aria could've sworn Drax let out a 'whoo' sound.

THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY WILL RETURN