~Act Seven~

Saeko soon joins so Sumiko hands her the binoculars. Not wanting to see a man getting eaten by 'them'. "Damn it, it's too cruel." Takashi says turning away in anger. "Komuro!" Hirano calls out. "What?" Takashi asks turning to him. "What are you gonna accomplish by shooting?" Hirano asks. "What else?! I'm gonna shoot them-" "Did you forget? 'They' react to sound Komuro." Saeko tells him. Takashi clenches his fist. "And then, the living will see the light and know we're here and come in hordes." She continues turning down the lights. "Of course, we don't have what it takes to save everyone's lives! They have to survive on their own. Just as we're doing. I know what you want to say. I heard it from Takagi. Compared to yesterday, you've grown severe and have also stepped up to your role as a man." She adds.

 "But... take a look. Get used to it! This world's changed into a place where you can't survive on chivalry alone." She hands him the binoculars as Sumiko and Hirano stare at them in silence. "Busujima, I could've sworn you felt differently than that." Takashi says Saeko stays silent for a few seconds before turning to face him. "Don't get me wrong, Komuro. I'm just saying how it is. It's not like I enjoy it." She confesses, leaving soon after. Sumiko sighs, kneeling beside Hirano. "Ah Takashi, when you look out do it stealthily." Sumiko suggests causing the boy to blush in embarrassment. He kneels beside her looking through the binoculars. "It's hell out there." Takashi points out. Sumiko nods in agreement going inside the room to find a gun. She comes back with an SLR equipped with a 6x scope and a suppressor. She checks to see the amount of ammo that's in the gun before returning to the balcony. 

When she returns the boys stare at her. "What?" She asks, raising an eyebrow. "Do you know how to use that?" Hirano asks. "Yes, my mother taught me how to use guns." She explains, propping the gun on the ledge of the balcony. They all go back to surveying the area. They watch as a father and daughter approach a house. Sumiko frowns watching them. Her eyes widen when the man raises his weapon threatening to break down the door if they didn't open it and gasps covering her mouth when they open the door and stab the father with a knife. She watches in horror as the little girl cries loudly attracting 'them'. "Damn it!" Takashi growls watching them also. Sumiko turns to Hirano who gives her a nod. "Let's rock and roll!" Hirano says, shooting 'them'. Sumiko takes in a deep breath and shoots those around the kid. 'I can't believe I scored a headshot on a gun I've never tested out before! I'm a natural at these things. Then again, I wasn't even 100 meters away.' "You want some too?" Sumiko asks shooting the walkers that tried getting close to the child. 

"Aren't we not supposed to be shooting? What happened to ignoring others for our own survival?" Takashi asks watching his girlfriend in amazement. "She's just a little girl!" Hirano defends. "Takashi, come on we have a kid to save. Hirano cover him from up here, I'll cover him from the outside and help clear a path!" Sumiko calls out to him getting up from her position and rushing down the stairs with Takashi close behind. "Sumiko? Takashi?" Rei calls out seeing Sumiko rushing past with the gun close to her chest and Takashi hurriedly putting on his jacket. "I'm going to save a little kid." Takashi informs. "I'll come too." Rei suggests. "No, keep watch from the front gate. I'm going to ride the motorcycle to her." Takashi tells her. "But..." "Let him go. A man's word is final." Saeko interjects causing Sumiko to roll her eyes. "I'm sorry, Busuji- Saeko. I guess I'm just not this kind of person." Takashi tells her walking down the stairs with Sumiko close behind. "I knew that of course." Saeko says smiling once he walks past her.

Takashi turns off the light, "Takashi?" Saeko calls him. "Hm?" He hums looking back. "We'll protect this place no matter what. Don't worry and see you soon." She tells him, smacking her butt, Sumiko frowns. "At least take this with you." Rei says offering him the gun. Takashi takes the gun with a smile and Rei wraps both her hands around his. "All right, Takashi come on the kid's still in danger." Sumiko says through gritted teeth. They all walk outside, Saeko with her wooden sword, Rei with the baton, and Sumiko with the gun. "Don't rely too heavily on that gun. If you fire, they'll come in swarms." Saeko warns. "Either way, the bike is gonna make a racket." Takashi replies. "That's true, but... the motorcycle makes sounds because it's going somewhere. But the gunshots are stationary." Saeko explains. Takashi gets on the bike and turns to Sumiko. "Don't use the gun unless needed." He tells her. "I know. Come back with the girl safely alright?" "Don't  worry, I will." He reassures her so she smiles. "Takashi?" Rei calls out to him, as she and Saeko stand in front of the gate ready to open it.