~Act Fourteen~

"Komuro... your cell phone... it broke." Miss Shizuka says sheepishly, holding the phone in her hands. "Or I might have broken it." She adds handing him the phone. "Aww." Takashi whines meanwhile the Takagi sisters look down in thought. "Could it be..." Sumiko wonders. "This could be worse timing..." Saya thinks. "What is it, Saya?" Hirano asks. "None of your business! Just keep a look out!" Saya replies. "Sumi." Saya turns to her sister who nods and points her gun at her to look through the scope and Saya steps out of the way in fear of getting shot. "I don't see the dot." Sumiko sighs. "Dad! We have to change our plans! What we've got on our hands now is--" "They're here!" Hirano announces. The group looked to the gate where a man ran through. "Stay back! Stay baaack!" The man shouts, only for 'them' to grab him and eat him. "Close the gates! Hurry! All guards gather here! Don't let the corpses in!" Souichirou orders. "Sir! What about our men still out there!?" A guard asks. 

"If we don't close them now, we'll lose everything!" Souichirou replies, unsheathing his katana. "Do it!" Yuriko orders. A guard pulls out the remote and tries closing the gate but it doesn't work. "The remote's malfunctioning at a time like this? Somebody... close the gate manually!" The guard shouts. "Closing!" Two men go to close the door. "Shit! We have to move them!" The balding man shouts seeing 'them' trying to get through the gate. One of 'them' get through the gate. "One of them got in!" He says. "Wh-what are you doing? You've got a gun, so kill it!" The woman from earlier told Hirano. Sumiko nudges Takashi and nods her head the woman with an amused look. Takashi gets the hint and chuckles leaving the others confused. "What's so funny?" Rei asks. "You won't get it." Sumiko replies, watching Hirano shoot the walker that got in. "Sorry kid. I was wrong about you." The balding man apologizes after seeing Hirano's skills and the boy gives him a thumbs up with a devilish look on his face. 

"Sir! Madam! We've brought you your things." A guard tells the Takagi parents. Yuriko rips the side of her dress up to her waist and straps a gun to her chest and thigh. "Mom!" Sumiko whines, with a blush, blocking Takashi's eyes while Saya blocks Hirano's. "I'm all ready. And you, Souichirou." Yuriko holds a gun out to her husband. "Hmph. I have no need.. for a gun." Souichirou replies. "Of course." Yuriko nods and turns to Saya. "Use this, Saya." She tells her oldest. "A... A luger PO8, with stock and drum magazine." Hirano drools over the gun. "But I don't know how to use this! Why are you carrying a gun anyway, mom!?" Saya asks. "Back when I worked on wall street, I took on executive self-defense. I might even be  abetter shot than your father. Besides how do you think I was able to teach Sumi how to use a gun?" Yuriko asks and Rei, Takashi and Saeko imagined what that looked like. "You'll teach her how to fire it, won't you, Hirano?" Yuriko asks the boy. 

"Yes! Yes! Yeeees!" Hirano agrees. "But why did the phones and cars stop working right now? It was after that strange light." Takashi wonders. "It was an EMP attack. A hane... also called a High- Altitude Nuclear Explosion." Sumiko shares. "When a nuclear bomb is detonated in the upper stratum of the atmosphere, the gamma rays expel electrons from the atmospheric particles causing a compton scattering. The electrons affix themselves to Earth's magnetic field, generating an electromagnetic emitted over a wide area." Saya explains. "As a result, electrical appliances and whatnot are stopped cold! The electromagnetic pulse fries all intergrated circuits!" Sumiko finishes off the explanation. "So you're saying that right now, we're..." "That's right! We can't use anything electrical!" Saya says. "Huh!?" Rei looks at her shocked. "Then we can't use our cellphones anymore?" She asks. "Yes, and we can't use computers either. None of ours cars that rely on electrical controls will work either, nor will the power plants." Sumiko adds. 

"If we had a plan to deal with an EMP, it'd be a different story, but... only small groups of special defense and political systems have those." Saya points out. "Is there a way to fix it?" Souichirou asks his daughters. "If we can change out the fried components, the cars might work." Saya suggests. "There's also a likely chance that certain vehicles weren't affected by the electric waves... and the vintage cars should work." Sumiko says. "Determine the damages done at once!" Souichirou orders. "Yes, sir!" The guard beside him says and leaves. "Saya! Sumiko!" Souichirou turns to his daughter. "Uh, what?" Saya replies. "Father?" Sumiko looks up at her dad. "I commend you both for assessing the situation in the middle of this turmoil." Souichirou tells the twins. Saya's eyes sparkle and Sumiko beams. "Th-they're... Is this thing gonna hold?" The balding man asks. "H-hey, now..." He trails off. The gate collapses letting 'them' in and everyone stares in shock. "Chairman! Run! Run awaaay!" The balding man shouts before getting eaten. 

The entire compound gets overrun by 'them' killing everyone they can get their hands on. "Honey..." Yuriko trails off. "Dad! Let's barricade the house!" Saya suggests. "That won't work." Sumiko tells them, looking around with wide eyes. "They got through the iron gates what good would wooden barricades do?" She asks. "It'll be like the school all over again." She adds. "Yoshioka!" Souichirou calls to a guard and Saya pulls her sister closer to her. "I checked the area from the second story. Those stationed in the next house haven't been attacked yet! We could still reinforce the gate." Yoshioka suggests. "It's more important to break through the enemy and get to the next building. All men and those willing to fight, gather around!" Souichirou calls and men and women alike gather before him. "Those with children and who want to survive, stay in the back!" He orders. Takashi furrows his brows and Souichirou turns to him. "What happened to your filial piety, Komuro?" He asks. "Don't hesitate to take your own path!" Souichirou tells the brunette. "Yes, sir!" Takashi nods in understanding. 

"Hirano. Protect my children." Souichirou tells the chubby boy. "Dad, what are you--" Sumiko's cut off by her mother slapping her. "Mom...?" Sumiko holds her cheek and looking at her mother confused. "Souichirou and I have a duty to fulfill. It's up to us as your parents to leave you with Hirano and Komuro." Yuriko looks at both her daughters. "We already feel guilty enough as it is! Please don't make us suffer any more!" She tells her daughters. "Now! Go!" She tells everyone. "Auntie..." Alice looks at Yuriko sadly. "That is a good girl. Auntie's daughters are good girls too. You listen to what everyone tells you, okay?" Yuriko tells her. Saya looks down with teary eyes. "Mom! Dad!" Saya gains her parents' attention. "We love you!" Sumiko tells them as they run away and their parents smile. The twins pass Takashi on the way and Sumiko stops. "Hey, what are you doing? Come on." Sumiko tells him. "But... wouldn't it be easier if we got away with everyone else?" Miss Shizuka asks. "With those high walls, it'd be hard to climb over." Hirano tells her. 

"Don't you get why Matsudo's been meddling with the engines?" Saya asks and the boys remember what Matsudo said. "I've checked it ten times over but it's still sturdy as ever. The electron fuel jet device and battery cables are also coated." Matsudo tells them, standing beside the eight-wheeler. "That humvee was also military issue." Miss Shizuka reminds them. "It's no good. They didn't prepare for something like this, so it's EMP measures were cancelled." Hirano shares. "What about you, Matsudo?" Takashi asks. "The girl I love is with you. Lady Saya. Lady Sumiko. Take care." Matsudo bows to the twins. "Always do." Saya replies walking to the eight-wheeler with her sister. "Take care of yourself." Sumiko tells him. Miss Shizuka got on the driver side with Takashi in the passenger and everyone else besides Hirano and Saeko in the back. Once everyone was one they took off with the everyone having to hold on as the eight-wheeler did a wheelie.