~Act Thirteen~

After laying in bed with Takashi and talking about the plan Sumiko decided to go to her room to put on the outfit she wore after leaving Miss Shizuka's friend's house with the addition of a thigh holster and pistol her mom gave her and her M416, then she makes her way back to Takashi's room tying her butterfly ribbons on either side of her hair. "All ready?" Sumiko asks entering the room. "Yeah, you?" He asks her. "As ready as I'll ever be." Sumiko smiles at him. "Let's go talk to my dad." She says leading the boy to her dad's office. 

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

"You're going to track down your parents? You're not going back home?" Souichirou asks. "Yes sir." Takashi replies. "My dad works in another town, I can't join him. And my mom should have been at her job at the school since this chaos began. Rei's... I mean Miyamoto's father is a cop in the force, so if we can just reach the eastern police station, we should get some information as to the situation. Her mother should be holed up at their home." Takashi explains as he and Sumiko stood in Souichirou's office which was busy. "And instead of taking Miyamoto with you, you take my daughter?" Souichirou asks. "Miyamoto is injured and I decided to go on my own." Sumiko tells her dad, who just nods. "Hm. And what do you plan to do after you find them? We'll be departing in the next two days. It'd be extremely dangerous to remain in this town at this point." Souichirou reminds him. "We'll find a car that'll hold everybody and return here." Takashi replies. "You might not be able to take care of them if there are too many, you hear?" Souichirou tells him. 

"At that point, if my parents need help, then I'll stay here. If we don't make it back in time for your departure, please think of it as us having made a decision. So long as it's possible, we'll contact you before." Takashi explains and Souichirou stares at him in silence scaring him. "Such filial piety! Do what you think is right then!" He bursts out laughing. "But be sure to bring my daughter back." He says seriously. "It'll be too difficult on foot. Take on of our cars." Souchirou tells them as they exit. "Yes sir." Takashi replies. "That went well." Sumiko says when they exited the office. "Yeah. Are you sure?" Takashi asks looking at her. "I'll follow you wherever you go." Sumiko tells him leading him outside. 

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

As they walk by they see the woman from earlier arguing with a man. "I wonder what he had in mind. A car?" Sumiko wonders. "They wouldn't give up a four-wheeler." Takashi dismisses. "Hey! You kids! Over here!" Someone calls out causing them to look over and they see the group except Saeko and Matsudo standing beside an eight-wheeler. "Well? Not bad, right?" Matsudo asks. "It's an argo all-terrain assault buggy! Or as they call them these days, an ATV. Capable of traversing any kind of territory. Yamaha's got the most famous four-wheeled models, but when it comes to eight wheels, this is it! It won't be rolling over anytime soon, got it?" Matsudo explains. "I... I don't know if I'd be able to drive it..." Takashi confesses. "You handled that motorcycle without a license right? It drives like a bike, more or less. They actually cancelled these things midway through production, so this is the released military model." Matsudo shares. "It's more solid than the civilian model. Take her for a spin!" He suggests. 

Takashi gets on and presses on the gas causing it to zoom forward making him loose control for a second but he regains it and screeches to a stop beside Saya. "How was it? This thing should be able to burst though those monsters easy. If you're in a real spot, take a dip into the river. Better yet, run it around the river shore or park it if you can. It doesn't take long for water-use tires to deteriorate on pavement." Matsudo tells him causing him to chuckle. "Are you really planning on going, just the two of you?" Saya asks. "I don't see why Sumiko has to go when she has no one to look for." Rei chimes in. "It's my and Rei's parents we're talking about. I can't inconvenience you and the gang, Saya. Sumiko's coming along because you're injured Rei." Takashi addresses them both. "But you brought us here, didn't you?" Saya asks. "It's only because your house was the closest, remember? Besides this isn't good-bye for good. We're planning on bringing my and Rei's families back here too, okay?" Takashi tells her. "You better bring them back." Rei tells Takashi. "Fine go! Say hi to your mom for me!" Saya tells Takashi.