~Act Twelve~

"Why do I have to do that?" Saya asks after hearing what her father wanted her to do. "My daughter is not so inept that she needs an explanation to understand!" Souichirou replies. "Saya, I'm asking of this, too. Those people are too much on their guard when it comes to your father and me. Sumi will accompany you too." Yuriko tells her daughter. "Huh?!" Sumiko looks at her mom with wide eyes and her mouth agape. "I...I'll come with you!" Hirano shouts holding his guns close. "Me too." Takashi adds with a shotgun on his shoulder. "Me too." Rei volunteers. "No you don't, Miyamoto. I'm applying another dose medicine on you, right now." Miss Shizuka tells her causing her to run away. "Hrmmm." Saya sighs crossing her arms under her chest. "I'll escort her as well." Saeko suggests. "No. I want you with me for a little while, daughter of Busujima." Souichirou tells the purple-haired girl. "If you say so, sir." Saeko agrees. "Alice is coming with Saya, too." Alice says. "Alice, maybe you could come with me. I have a present for Zeke." Yuriko tells the child. "A present? Okay! Isn't that great, Zeke?" Alice asks the dog who barks in response. "Let's go." Sumiko sighs pulling her sister away with Hirano and Takashi following close behind. 

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

"How many times do I have to repeat myself?! 'Murder Syndrome' is utter nonsense!" Saya tells the group of people. "It's obviously a lie that the government spread to keep chaos from erupting when they couldn't admit that 'they' can't be explained by science!" Saya shouts. "Then you're saying the dead really can move around? Absurd!" A man replies. "There's no doubt that it's some new form of infectious disease. My fa... I mean, chief Takagi intended to demonstrate that 'they' are completely different from humans, you see? And in school, I saw... as you all did throughout town... plenty of evidence to that too, right?!" Saya asks tired of this. "Anyway, there's no way to really explain why 'they' move after death." Sumiko chimes in. "Say what you like, but this phenomenon is happening, so there must be some definitive cause." The same man says. "Yeah, it couldn't be happening for no good reason." A woman says. "Yeah, I think we all know that. However, we should give the professionals some time to conduct the research." Sumiko replies in a calm voice. "I'm sorry, but we're just not cut out for that. Or are you guys something special?" The woman asks and Takashi looks at Hirano who smiled. "Well..." She asks. 

"You can't, right? We're going to survive without getting eaten by 'them'! There's nothing more important than that! And my dad showed you what we have to do, right?" Saya asks. "I see now. So that's what you're getting at, eh? I was wondering how gun-wielding high schoolers like you ended up with them!" The woman says leaving then teens confused. "That explains it! She's the daughter of that right-winged mobster group! Threats and violence! And after what the world's become and the countless people in trouble! Everyone, listen to me! This girl is the daughter of the man who advocates murder!" The woman yells pointing at Saya. "And she's telling us to become murderers too!" She continues. "Um.. What on earth are you guys talking about?" Takashi asks. "This is no place for kids to butt in!" The woman yells at him. "K-kids...? You have no idea what we've been through..." "Quiet! The adults are going to decide what to do now! Not some beastly mobster gang or high schoolers drunk on violence, but peace-loving adults!" The woman cuts Takashi off. "How about you shut the fuck up!" Sumiko yells. "Wha-" "If you don't like what my father does and think it's wrong then why don't you all just leave and go die like the rest of them!" She shouts angrily. "You want to be a peace-loving group go find another place to do that." She finishes grabbing her sister's hand walking away. 

"Takagi, you... you were great out there." Hirano compliments. "I sucked." Saya sighs. "And I lost control." Sumiko sighs also. "Also Hirano, you should call us by our first name so we know who you're talking to." Sumiko adds. "They were too harsh. With the world going to pot, they'd go so far as to mock the Takagi name." Takashi points out. "That's because the mafia and right-wing groups are so similar..." Hirano replies. "My family's different! My dad's so right-wing it'd make Yukiko Mishima faint! He doesn't even get along with the mafia or corrupt right-wing groups. They've even tried to take his life !" Saya defends her family. "But they require a lot of money for their activities. Even if he's an ideological right-wing, while gathering under the pretext of money from businesses and the like..." "I may be a genius but..." "We know that already." Hirano cuts her off only to get kicked. "Our mom is a genius! She used to be an infamous trader on wall street. She once came to Japan on vacation and met our dad at a party and married him the next day. Ever since then, she's used her skills for him and after marrying our mom, our dad's assets grew a hundred folds." Sumiko explains. "Amazing." Hirano praises.