~Act Nine~

As they continue with their journey Sumiko leans on Takashi looking around missing the neighbourhood she passed often when going to and coming home from school. Takashi, finally feeling at peace decides to close his eyes but that peace didn't last long. "It's them!" Hirano shouts alerting the trio they look back seeing 'them' on the road ahead. "Distance 300 meters." Hirano informs. "Just when I thought we had peace." Sumiko mumbles. Miss Shizuka takes a sharp right causing the trio to hold onto the car. "Lay down!" Sumiko commands laying on her stomach. Miss Shizuka takes a left, and they look back seeing 'them'. "What's going on? The closer we get the more of them there are." Takashi points out. "But why, we haven't seen any of them for miles." Rei asks. They lay down facing forward with Takashi wrapping his arms around the girls tightly and holding onto the car as Miss Shizuka run over 'them'.  "What?" Rei asks looking ahead, Sumiko looks over at her confused pushing herself up on her shoulders to get a look at what she saw. "Oh no." Sumiko says seeing what the girl saw. "Stop the car!" Rei shouts. "Miss Shizuka stop the car!" Sumiko shouts seeing the wire getting closer. 

The car turns to the right squashing 'them' on the wire before getting stuck. The car jerks forward causing Takashi to nearly fall off and his arm to move around Rei causing the girls to gasp. He regains himself and wraps his arm around Rei's shoulder but not as tight anymore. The car starts driving towards a wall. "Look out!" Takashi shouts. The car brakes hard causing the back of it to lift off the ground sending Rei and Sumiko flying off the top. Takashi tries to get a hold of either their hands and got Sumiko's causing her to hit the windshield hard resulting in the air getting knocked out of her lungs and a pained groan from her and gasps from inside the vehicle. Rei however was unlucky and hit the hood of the car and rolling on the road landing on her side leaving her helpless as 'they' approach. "You okay?" Takashi asks Sumiko who nods not having it in her to speak. Takashi satisfied with her answer grabs his shotgun and jumps off the car landing in front of Rei and shooting at 'them' getting pushed back from the recoil and only killing one. 

"You don't know what you're doing." Hirano tells him appearing through the hatch. "Because of the recoil the muzzle moves off target and the pattern shoots high, shoulder the gun and lean into it aim around the chest." Hirano informs and Takashi does just that repeating what Hirano said. This time when he shoots he takes out two of them. "Awesome." Takashi says. "Oh man there way too many." "After the shot, take the aim on the target and pull the side, shift the muzzle just a tiny bit." Hirano instructs while shooting 'them' and Takashi follows his instructions taking out two more and he continues taking them out two at a time. "Takagi, let's get you in the car." Hirano tells the girl getting ready to pull her up. "No, I'm fine." She wheezes out, groaning in pain as she shifts from her position to kneel on one knee and prop the M416 on the other. "Rei needs more help than me." She says turning off the safety of the gun and shooting at 'them' taking out those Takashi missed. Takashi looks back confused, before looking away blushing after having seen up Sumiko's skirt. He goes to shoot again but realizes that he's out of bullets and when he tries to get extra bullets from his pocket the roll away leaving him helpless. 

"Hirano, hand me some extra mags." Sumiko asks stretching her hand out. "Sure." Hirano quickly dives back into the car and grabs four magazines handing them to Sumiko. "Komuro!" Saeko calls out getting out the car. "Go get her I'll cover you and you better move like you got a fucking purpose." She tells him. "You can't. There're way to many of the to fight with a wooden sword." Takashi warns her. "Just get the girl." Saeko tells him attacking those who gets close to her while Sumiko and Hirano take out the ones approaching. Rei groans trying to get up causing Takashi to look over at her and smiling. "This is it, had a good run." He says dropping his gun and hugging Rei. "Takashi, she has a gun." Sumiko reminds him. He gasps in realization and pulls the gun pulling Rei as well. "Oh yeah, sorry." He apologizes, staring at her for a second before using her to balance the gun. "Hirano, what about this?" Takashi asks. "Flick the lever in front of the trigger guard." Hirano says pausing to focus on shooting them. "You can disengage the safety that way. After that pull the slide to the right, you ready to shoot." Hirano continues Takashi follows what he was saying. 

Every time he shoots Rei lets out a pained yelp with two bullets narrowly missing Saeko. Eventually Takashi misses every shot and Hirano runs out of ammo. He asks for a magazine and Alice hands them to him. Miss Shizuka tried starting the car but it won't budge. Saya gets out the car and takes Takashi's gun. "Shells are by your foot! Do you know how to use it?" Hirano asks. "I'm a genius." She simply answers. "Takagi!" Takashi calls out causing Sumiko to look over. "Saya!" "Relax, I know what I'm doing." She replies, turning to see one of them in front of her. She gasps but Saeko came in and smashes its head flying mucus and blood on Saya. She gasps and groans, "Look at me, this is Dolce and Gabbana!" She shouts reloading the gun and aims the gun at 'them'. "Take that you fashion backwards douche bags." She says shooting 'them'. "Ruin my new outfit. If you weren't already dead I'd kill you! You nasty walking stinking dead DUMMIES!" She shouts. Sumiko sighs and reloads her gun shooting the ones around her sister. 

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

The sun began setting and everyone was out of bullets and Saeko lost her sword in the horde and they were surrounded by 'them'.  Takashi holds Rei close to him, Hirano pulls Alice out the hatch and Sumiko lays back not being able to ignore the pain in her back anymore. "Up we go." He tells her. "Kohta?" "You and Zeke hop the wire to the wire to the other side!" Hirano instructs with a smile. Sumiko slide off the hood of the car and slowly makes her way to her sister wrapping an arm around her. "What about you guys?" Alice asks scared. "We'll be right behind you." Hirano tells her. "Liar!" Alice shouts shocking Hirano. "Huh?" "My daddy had that same look before he died! No, no, no, no! Alice doesn't wanna go alone! I'm staying with Kohta, Takashi and the big sisters! I'm staying with you for good!" Alice cries. 

Kohta was about to throw Alice over the wire when someone shouts, "Everyone down!" And Zeke barks. Saeko wraps her arm around the twins pulling them down causing Sumiko to let out a loud pained groan. Water shoots from one of the fence blasting 'them' away. People dressed in firefighter outfits run up to the fence and continue blasting 'them' away. "Get over here while you can! We'll get your vehicle later!" One of them says holding the wire wide open for the group to pass with Takashi helping Rei and Saeko and Saya helping Sumiko. "You should be safe." The person who helped them says. "We are very thankful for you rescuing us from that predicament." Saeko thanks bowing at the person. "Of course." They reply removing their helmet. "After all they it is my daughters and their friends." She says revealing it to be the twins' mom. "Mom!" Saya shouts. "Mommy!" Sumiko shouts running up to her ignoring the pain. Both girls hug their mom almost throwing her. Sumiko hugs her mom tightly, crying.

 Sumiko hugs her mom tightly, crying