~Act Fifteen~

When they were far enough from the Takagi residence they conversed. "Nice! 'They' are all being lured away from us." Hirano says. "How do we get out?" Miss Shizuka asks. "That's the only route!" Takashi says switching seats with Miss Shizuka sending her in the back. "It's too tight!" Rei complains. "Way too tight." Sumiko agrees feeling her gun pressed against her, watching the nurse who was on all fours. "Komuro!" Saeko leans forward. "Got it!" Takashi replies. "Why did you have to place obstacles on a field day?" Takashi wonders. "Second to last!" He says and speeds past Shidou's bus while Saeko stands on the hood. Along the way, Sumiko, Saya, and Hirano make eye contact with the remaining students on the street. "We should be okay now..." Rei trails off and looks at the teens and gasps seeing their distraught expressions. "Please don't say anything. Please." Saya tells them, wrapping her arms around herself and leaning against her younger sister.

Sumiko stays quiet and closes her eyes to avoid seeing everyone. "Saya! Sumiko!" Hirano calls looking straight ahead. "What?!" Saya asks, annoyed. "Please keep a sharp lookout!" Hirano tells them. "Hirano, you..." Rei shouts. "Okay." Sumiko sighs. "Hirano's... Kouta's right." Saya agrees. "What do we do now?" Miss Shizuka asks. "Sorry, but we're going to look for Rei's and my parents. First we're going to the Eastern Police Station, then Shintoko Elementary School! If we keep going at this rate it should take two hours tops." Takashi explains. "And after that, we could go to your friend, Miss Shizuka." Sumiko tells the nurse. "We'll be reaching the Highway soon." Saeko announces. Once they took the road to the Highway everyone stares at the sight in front of them with wide eyes. Abandoned cars as well as 'them' filled the roads and there was smoke coming from different parts of the city. "There's so many..." Miss Shizuka trails off. "What do we do now?" Takashi wonders. "No duh!" Saya speaks up. "What makes you say that, Saya?" Hirano asks. 

"You really have no ability other than firing guns. Fatty!" Saya insults. "'They' react to noise! The EMP attacks removed all loud noises from town that people and their technology make. Then our dad set off a stick of dynamite. And now the buggy's engine is making a ruckus." Sumiko explains. "It's probably the only engine in this town." Saya adds. "I get it. But the problem right now is how do we get through this place." Saeko tells them. "This thing works on both land and water, right? Why not go into the river!? 'They' won't follow us into the water!" Rei suggests with a hopeful expression. "I already asked Matsudo and he wasn't sure if it would float with this many people on it." Takashi tells her and Sumiko sighs. "So we force our way through again?" Miss Shizuka asks. "There are too many of 'them.'" Takashi replies. "Then..." Rei places a hand on Takashi's shoulder. "What are you proposing we do!?" She asks. Rei, Saya, Miss Shizuka, Kouta and Alice got off the buggy leaving Takashi, Saeko and Sumiko as he had asked the latter to stay. 

Takashi drove through 'them' leading 'them' away from the remainder of the group. They stopped at a ledge and looked back at them. "You think we attracted too many of them?" Takashi asks. "You always go to the extreme in water ever you do, Komuro." Saeko tells him and he apologizes. "We should get going, no? Ready whenever you are." Sumiko tells her boyfriend. "Here I go!" Takashi tells the girls who held onto the buggy when Takashi drove off the ledge. Sumiko stood up and looked back seeing 'them' falling down the slope and Takashi stops to look back. "'They' can use stairs but they can't handle a steep slope?" Takashi asks, looking back at them. "Regardless..." Saeko trails off seeing 'them' around. "It's the same results. Things aren't that convenient." Takashi says and drives towards the river. "Takashi wait!" Sumiko shouts, but it was too late both her and Saeko got soaked by the water. "Sumi! Saeko! You both okay?" Takashi looks back at the girls only to find them soaked and their shirts see-through. 

"Uh! Um, er..." Takashi stutters and Sumiko's eyes widen. "Don't stare!" She tells him covering her chest along with Saeko. "R-right! Sorry!" Takashi apologizes and looks away, blushing. He drives further down the river. They look back at the river bank seeing 'them' wandering around and sigh. Takashi leans back and sighs. "I'm not impressed by a man who sighs." Saeko tells him and Sumiko glares at her. "Ah right! But Saeko, you're a little... too close..." Takashi trails off. "Don't you think we should try to keep our voices down as much as possible?" Saeko suggests. "Cut it out." Sumiko tells her squeezing between them and giving Takashi a glare and Saeko giggles. The boy drives to a sandbar in the middle of the river. "Now then... That went as we planned, and it didn't. Let's take a breather." Saeko suggests. "Right. We'll take turns keeping watch. Saeko, Sumiko, you rest first..." Takashi looks back when he hears Sumiko shudder.

 "I can't keep these clothes on, but I didn't bring anything to change in." Sumiko says and looks at Saeko who had her arms around herself. "I'm guessing you didn't either." Sumiko asks. "No." Saeko replies and shivers. Takashi rummages through the bag he brought and pulls out two tank tops. "Uh, this ought to help." He tells them, reaching it out to them, and he takes off his soaked jacket. "Thank you." Sumiko tells him taking the tops and handing on to Saeko. Both girls take off their shirts and bras and put on the tank top while Takashi looks away. "We're done." Saeko announces and Takashi looks back seeing Saeko putting her hair up in a ponytail and Sumiko tying her hair in pigtails. Takashi stares at Sumiko, specifically her chest area and blushes. "What?" Sumiko asks, combing her fingers through her pigtails. "Do you not like it?" She tilts her head to the side. "N-no! Quite the opposite, in fact!" Takashi blurts out. "Uh..." He blushes and looks away. "You're both cute." Saeko giggles and Sumiko blushes. "Have you ever liked someone, Saeko?" Sumiko asks, wanting to know more about the girl. "I did. There was a boy." Saeko looks straight ahead feeling the wind blowing through her hair.