Ch. 31

You know what? No! If I don't want to go with him then I don't have to. I set my skateboard down and snap on my helmet, then push off into the street. Just as a little something extra, I swing my board around so I can go bast the back of my house. When I pass Ben I give him a wave and a little "woohoo!" Due to his video game reflexes, he grabs my arm and the board rockets ahead of me, while I stumble to stay in my feet.
"What was that for?" I take my arm away from him and walk over to grab my skateboard.
"Come on." He prompts without explanation.
"Not unless you take these." I smile and shake the pills he had forced on me before.
"This will never end will it?" Ben mutters as he snatches the bottle and shoves it in his tunic.
"That's up to you." I boop his nose and hold out my hand a bit timidly. Ben grabs it lightly and passes us to the other dimension. I resist the urge to call out announcing my presence in case I'm not fully welcomed.
"Alright, we're looking for Masky. Gunna hang out with him for a little while and then place you back." Ben claps and starts walking away. I follow after him as I try and keep my mind empty, you never know if they'll try and steal my thoughts.
We walk through the hallway for a while before the lights cut out. I shriek, press my back against the wall, and reach into my pocket to get out my pocket knife.
"Ben you better turn the light back on before you touch me cause I will stab you." I warn. Then, laughter from down the hall. "I haven't slept in a week because Im so paranoid, so whoever better turn that light back on or I will personally stab you." My voice shakes and the lights get turned back on. Masky is in a laughing fit by the light switch, he must have been the one to turn it off.
"That was great." He gasps. "Don't stab me though."
"If I can't close my eyes when the light is on how the hell do you think I'll cope with the lights off when I can't see anything!" I run over and baby slap him.
"I'm sure you will survive if the lights go out." Ben pulls me away from Masky to stop the abuse.
"I almost screamed when my light bulb died last week, do you want to test me?" I snarl.
"Easy tiger. I won't turn off your precious light source." Masky walks up and gives me a hug. "How's my little girl coming along?" I know the answer to this one. I smile and look over at Ben, who gives me a 'don't you dare' look.
"Well... I'm kinda hungry." I'm sure Tim smiles under his mask and lightly slaps my back.
"To the kitchen!" He exclaims.
"No, no, no. You seriously ate a few hours ago. You can't possibly be hungry enough to eat. And besides, he's only going to feed you human to get on my nerves."
"That's right! But I have my reasons, and the girl is hungry. She's a teenager after all Ben, she needs to eat, unlike you being a program and all." Tim hoists me over his shoulder and I giggle as he stops downstairs.
"Woohoo!" I holler as Ben tries to grab me.
"Here we go, how about something new. I don't know why EJ likes these but I'm sure there great. Have this." Tim sets me on the counter and after a minute of looking though the fridge, gets me a plate of something new.
"What is it?"
"Do you not know?" Tim laughs.
"We'll I normally don't read popular things so no I guess."
"Try it and ill tell you." Tim prompts.
"Elizabeth, don't." Ben commands.
"Whatever shall I do?" I say in a mocking tone.