Ch. 49

[Ben's POV]
"Just watch. In a week or so, I'll be perfectly fine. I won't have to deal with the stupidness that is my mess of feelings," Liz hisses, like her emotions are an enemy, "because I'll get over myself."
"I don't think it's that easy." Masky warns.
"Besides, you never even asked how I feel about you, don't you think that's unfair?"
"Your right, I didn't ask you. Do you know why I didn't ask you?" Her words are like venom, to be sprayed on who she chooses.
"Actually, no I don't." I snap back.
"Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. I don't want to waste your time alright? I don't want to make you have to fucking get over yourself right after I do."
"If you would just ask me, I think you would find things much simpler." I mutter.
"Fine, what is it then? What could be sooo important that I have to ask you before you tell me?" She takes me by surprise, I assumed she would just blow me off like she has been. It takes me a moment to gather my thoughts, and form rough sentences on how I want to tell her.
"Oh, uhh. I didn't think I would get this far..."
"Well you better spill it because I am not in the mood right now." She taps her foot as Masky puts a few bandages on her neck.
"Would I do what I did when you started to ignore me if I didn't like you?" I try to vaguely hint at when she came out if the bathroom in my clothes and I lost it, pinning her against the wall and kissing her.
"What did you do?" Masky asks worriedly.
"Nothing!" Elizabeth shoots. "It was nothing, really. Besides, you just liked that I was wearing your stuff."
"I did not!"
"Are you sure? Because I think a lot of people find it hot when someone is wearing their clothes. Wouldn't you agree dad?"
"Don't bring me into this. What did he do to you?" He worriedly begins an evaluation, checking to make sure nothing is wrong.
"It was nothing! Can we just go eat, then I'm going to sleep with that sedative again, then tomorrow we can just both flush our feelings down the drain because I don't want it." She stands up and stomps out of the room.
"What did you do to her?" Masky hisses.
"Like she said, nothing." I lie.
"I swear to god if you hurt her-"
"Relax. It was nothing she couldn't handle. I can't hurt her." But she will be mine, even if I have to show her, I add on in my mind.
[Liz's POV]
I growl as I stomp downstairs, and sit down randomly at one of the seats at the table. I don't look to see who's setting it or try to figure out what's on the menu. I drop my head on the table, making a loud thump, before covering my head in my bandaged arms.
If I just stop caring, I can be done with this stupid outburst. I can be done stabbing myself and Ben in the heart with a knife. If I just stop caring, I can be stuck here and walk around doing nothing forever. Hell, even that's better than giving my freedom away to Ben.
Part of me argues to just give in. He likes me back so just love him for gods sake! He wants you, so just let him have you!
The only problem is, I don't want to be 'Ben's girlfriend' I want to be Elizabeth. I am not an object. And I can't stand to be treated like one.