Ch. 62

"Now that your birthday is over guess what's next." Ben smiles as I pour more cereal in my bowl just to talk to him.
"Umm... I have no clue."
"It's probably the only time we get to walk around without being hidden."
"Those of you without masks that is." Tim smiles. "I can leave whenever I want to."
"I've given up on leaving." I shrug.
"Well halloween silly! I know it's a bit cliché but I like it. I know Sally likes it too."
"Yay, pumpkins and sheet ghosts. Candy from strangers." I take another bite.
"Don't be such a downer. We can have the girls dress you up or something. We can trick or treat anywhere you want." Tim elbows me.
"Well not that I don't like halloween, just being raised a Cristian does that. Even if I do it's just automatic shutdown." I shrug.
"Well we have a month to change that. We can just lock you out of your room and drag you around all our scary monster buddies." Ben sticks his tongue out at me and I do it back.
"Skrew you. I'm going to hang upside down on some trees till all my blood rushes to my head, wanna come?"
"Only to make sure you don't pass out." Ben says trying to sound like he doesn't enjoy being with me. I smirk.
"And if I do?" I start walking to the door.
"I'll have to give you CPR until you wake up." Ben walks up behind me and hugs my waist, effectively melting my heart.
"We'll have to try then." I purr. "Now come on! I wanna show you this awesome thing I found. It's so cool, your gunna love it!" I dash through the door and fly into the forrest.
[Tim/Masky's POV]
I look through the window at the little love birds sitting in the trees. Well Liz is, she's hanging upside down and it looks like she's laughing as she tries to tuck in her shirt upside down. Ben is trying to figure out how she got up so fast. Little does she know she's spent a month basically living in the woods, running through them and trying to push herself heavenward. She's got more muscle then when she came, and could probably take care of herself with a knife, but is always shut in her room by the time it gets dark. I don't blame her.
"She looks so much happier with him, ya know." I look over at Habit, who materialized beside me. She does look better now that whatever that was is over.
"I'm just glad she isn't dead yet." I worry that she'll get on someone's bad side all the time. I know some of us fly off the handle sometimes.
"She's smart, she blends in. And doesn't try to be around to many people, ya know." I nod. I think she's turning out alright...

The End.