Ch. 44

"Well that plan is down the drain." Tim sighs as he walks away.
"What's that about?" I ask, momentarily disregarding the unease now associated with Ben.
"No clue. Come on though lets take a look around your new home." He tries to casually grab my hand, but it shoots away.
"What do you mean?" I hiss.
"I MEAN come on let's go. Stop being so shy." He takes a step forward, and I back away.
"No, I don't LIVE here Ben. I live in the real world, you have to know that by now. I can't stay in fucking fantasy land with you and Masky all the time. It was cool and all but I think I should go now." I cross my arms after my little outburst.
"Oh..." Ben says with a hint of sadness. "I guess he didn't tell you... You're sort of... Stuck here." Ben flashes me a small smile. My response is immediate.
"No." I tell him in a rather snarky tone. "I have school and life. I'll be going into high school soon. One more month till summer break. Come on, it's not funny."
"I'm not joking." I take a minute of silence to understand the look on his face. I laugh in his face for a moment before clearing my throat.
"I think I'll just go. Come find me when your ready to be serious." I walk out the door into the rapidly darkening forest. It takes about three seconds before I feel the cold claws of paranoia creep up my spine. I sheepishly walk back in, passing Ben with a stupid blush. "On second thought I'll just be in the room." I refuse to call it my room.
And with that the reclusive nature begins. I close my door on Ben's face and he knows better than to come in uninvited. I sink to the floor in a heap of self loathing.
First I'm stupid enough to let Ben know he can control me, then I get stuck in this stupid house with him and his psycho buddies. I don't really have any friends here besides Ben and Tim, so really Tim because I can't stand myself around Ben right now.
"Well then you should work on that." I hear from the other side of the door.
"Get the hell out of my thoughts!" I shout. I can almost hear the smirk in his reply.
"Make me." He taunts. I collect myself off the floor and stomp over to the door. I fling it open to find Ben leaning on the doorframe, smirking as I imagined. I don't think, I just pull my arm back and swing my fist at his face, aiming behind him like my dad taught me. The unexpected impact sends him staggering backwards and he hisses in pain.
"Can I think to myself now?" I taunt before walking to Masky's room. I don't even have to knock, the commotion was already drawing Tim out of his room. "Can you help him?" I point to Ben, leaning against the hall and holding his face.
"Yea but, what the hell happened?" He rushes over.
"He was using his buddy Slender to read my thoughts and I didn't like it." I shrug. "I think I will take his advice and make some 'friends' though. Do you know where Evan's room is? Or does he just go by Habit?" I smile sweetly.
"Your not going anywhere! You can't just come in and fucking punch people. That's not ok!" Masky tells me. A snarky reply is already on my lips before he finishes.
"Oh, boo hoo. Are you gunna make me sit in the corner? A.re you gunna put me on a time out dad?"