Monday morning blues

Beep Beep Beep

5:15am
I roll out of bed, and walk down the hallway heading to the kitchen. There is no way I can make it any further in the morning without some coffee. I make my usual flat white and throw myself down on the sofa, not quite ready to wake up yet. I switch on the tv as usual, and it's filled with the news, and all the worst things happening in the world at the moment.

"This is too depressing for a Monday morning". I get back up off the sofa and head to my room to get dressed for the day. I throw on a pink blouse, black trousers, and some simple slip on shoes before grabbing my bag. Every morning I try to get to school early, so I can do all my printing first and miss the 8am rush. So in light of this I head out the door.

7:00am

On the drive to school I listen to the radio, they play mostly upbeat music as they know it's the first day back of school and all of us teachers will be struggling. Due to this fact, I decide to stop at Starbucks and buy another coffee just to be sure I make it through the day. I walk through the doors, heading straight towards the counter.

Ahh!! Without paying attention, I walk straight into someone and spill coffee all over there white jumper.

"Shit, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Let me buy you another one" I say , clearly flustered and panicking at my actions.
"It's alright, this jumper is old anyway" a calm voice replies.

I look up, expecting to see an old women, whose probably just concerned for the safety of her drink. But I see the exact opposite, a tall blonde, with piercing blue eyes and a smile which makes even the happiest of people look positively sad.

Shes so beautiful, I think to myself. Shes the prettiest woman in this room, maybe even the prettiest you've ever seen and I've just spilled hot coffee all over her. Well done Charlotte, well done.

"Hey, I'm Leah" she says. I almost jump out of my skin, forgetting where I was for a minute and that I was practically drooling over this woman who I've never met.
"Hi Leah, I'm Charlotte", I try to say in a calm voice, attempting to mask my panic. "Let me buy you another coffee, I have just wrecked that one" I say, embarrassed.

"Don't worry charlotte, I don't really like coffee anyway, but desperate times lead to desperate measures". We laugh for a second, before I realise I need to leave so I'm not late to work.

"Well it was nice to meet you Leah, but I've got to go, I hope you have a-". She interrupts me "hey let me give you my number, maybe one I can take you up on that coffee offer".

I stare at gee for a moment, in a state of shock. Why would someone this beautiful want MY number. "Yeah okay, that would be nice, I'm always up for free coffee", I again attempt to mask my panic and excitement. Leah laughs "here" she says handing me a piece of paper. "Have a good day, and message me yeah?".

"Of course Leah". And as fast as she entered my life, she walks out the door, like nothing has just happened between us.

I stand, confused at what's just happened and how I've ended up with a girls number. Then I realise the time, grab a coffee and get back into the car. I don't want to be late on my first day back !!