that next day

The rest of Monday night disappears into a blur of excitement and anticipation. After Leah asked me on a date, we messaged the whole night, just talking about ourselves and what we are like as people. She's amazing, and I just hope I'm good enough for her. As I get into school on Tuesday, it's obvious how happy I am, despite the stormy day we're having.

Once in my classroom, I look down at my phone, expecting just emails but I'm surprised to see a message from Leah.

From Leah at 2:55am:
Hey, you probably won't read this until the morning, but I couldn't sleep. I really am looking forward to tonight, text me your address and I'll pick you up. Can't stop thinking about you, Leah x

SHE SIGNED THE TEXT WITH A KISS. AND SHE CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT ME. wow the hold this girl has over me, when I've only known her for a day is insane.

I open my emails, bursting with excitement and open the one from Kerry about our trip on Wednesday evening.

From Kerry:
Here are the plans for the trip. We are going to an arsenal ladies match, in St Albans. It kicks off at 5:45pm so we will leave right after school at 4:00. We have seats right behind the arsenal bench which is so exciting!! After the match I've arranged for us to meet a few players, including England captain Leah Williamson. The children are so excited for this and can't wait to meet her. Wear a coat and something warm, or you'll freeze.
I hope your as excited as I am,
Kerry

At least she's looking forward to it I think.