the morning after

I wake up, still in a happy daze from the night before. I feel Leah's hand around my waist and her gentle breathing as she clearly hasn't woken up yet. Light streams through the windows, I can see that it's still snowing heavily from last night and so it's still unsafe for me to go anywhere. I think back to our previous conversations and how well Leah has handled it all.

"good morning". I smile and turn around to face Leah in the bed.

"Good morning to you too, did you sleep well?".

"Much better for having some company". She smiles and then kisses me softly. I melt into her touch. Leah smirks, clearly aware of the affect she has upon me.

"What do you want to do today?" She asks me.

I think for a minute, knowing we are trapped in her apartment so whatever we do needs to be indoors.

"Why don't you teach me about football so I actually understand it? I spent that whole match entirely confused as to what was happening  and it was quite intimidating actually".

She laughs, "of course lottie, we should probably get some breakfast first I'm hungry". I'm glad she said that because so am I !!

Leah gets you out of bed, and comes over to my side. She pulls the cover off me and then picks me up. I squeal. "Leah" I laugh "put me down".

"I'm taking you to get breakfast" she says, slinging me over her shoulder. We laugh the whole way downstairs till we reach the kitchen and she puts me down onto the sofa.

"I'll make us some toast and eggs, that's easy". She laughs and walks over to the kitchen. I let her scramble the eggs alone for a while before walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her back. "Thank you" I whisper, and I can almost feel Leah smiling.

She continues to make breakfast, scrambling the eggs, toasting and buttering the bread and pouring some coffee for me and orange juice for her into a glass. I watch everything she does, in awe of her every movement. She's almost like a movie, my movie I think.

"Okay so you've got coffee, egg and toast. Is that okay for you?"

I smile "it's more than okay Lea"

We go and sit on the sofa together, eating our breakfast, laughing and watching the news on tv. It's almost straight out of some hallmark movie, the moment is perfect. Our chatter however is interrupted by the ringing of Leah's phone.

"Oh shit, I better get that" she laughs, kissing me quickly and then going and grabbing her phone.

"Hey Georgia, how's Bayern?". She laughs, whispering to me it's her friend and England teammate Georgia Stanway. They chat for a while, laughing about football and memories until Georgia finally asks about the storm and how Leah is coping with it.

"How's the storm then le, I heard it was really bad and snowy down in St Albans?".

"Yeah it's not too bad, very snowy outside though. I've got some company so I'm not going to insane being stuck in doors". She winks at you.

Georgia laughs, clearly shocked by what leah has said. "Company then miss Williamson, that's not something I'd ever think you'd say. Who is it, Beth?" She laughs clearly teasing Leah, who looks a bit annoyed.

"No gee" she laughs " it's actually a very lovely girl called lottie, who I should definitely be talking too and looking after rather than speaking to you on the phone". She looks at me for a minute, clearly ushering me to say something.

"Hi Georgia" I say as Leah points her phone at me. I wave awkwardly and smile.

"Wow you weren't kidding. I think this is possibly the first time you've ever had anyone stay over Leah. Lottie your a lucky girl, or maybe not if your stuck inside with a hyperactive Leah all day" she laughs.

"She's not been to bad actually, preoccupied maybe". I smirk. Leah goes red, clearly shocked and embarrassed by what you said.

After that event, you decide to go and get ready for the day and head back up to Leahs room to let her speak to Georgia a while longer.

I hope I didn't take it too far you think.