Date night 001

I walk to the door, trying to collect myself in some sort of way. It's going to be okay, i think. If she hates you, then just never see her again.

I open the door to find Leah standing there, in a dark green suit with a white shirt, and her hair down and loosely curled. She's holding a bouquet of roses and smiling, clearly aware of the shock she has caused me.

"Your wearing a suit, and I'm wearing jeans" i stammer, clearly panicked by the casual nature of my dress compared to hers.

"Hey Charlotte, it's nice to see you too" Leah says smirking and clearly finding this event more entertaining then I am. "And don't worry, you look perfect".

I relax a little, and allow myself to look at Leah more closely. She's so beautiful, probably the prettiest woman I have ever seen. "Your so beautiful" what do I say in response to that, god Charlotte say something.

"You look pretty good yourself". God why did you say that, say anything but that. I begin to go red.

Leah laughs. "Your a bit panicky tonight huh? Clearly hoping this goes well". She seems to be handling this much better than I am.

"Yeah just a bit" I manage to say, before I once again feel silenced by just her presence.

"Yeah me too" Leah mutters under her breath, then realising I heard quickly says "ok let's go" and heads of down the hallway. I grab my bag and keys, lock the door, and follow her, whilst panicking slightly inside about how well that last encounter went.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Once we get to the car, I hop into the passenger side. I don't even take time to appreciate that it's a brand new bmw, which clearly has not been used much before. Leah puts the key in the ignition, but before pulling away she gently moves her other hand to rest on mine. Then, almost pretending that nothing has happened we pull away and leave.

A few minutes later and the silence is deafening, so I decide it's my turn to speak expect I don't really know what to say. "You can call me Lottie if you like" I say abruptly, cleaning startling Leah a bit as well.

"Tell me about yourself Lottie" Leah says in a relaxed manner, clearly unfazed by the events currently taking place.

What do I say? What would she be interested in? I'm literally the most boring and uninteresting person alive. I repress my inner thoughts and begin to speak.

"Okay, we'll I'm Charlotte, but people who know me call me Lottie. Im 25 and I teach primary school kids, I love my job even if sometimes it's s bit crazy" Leah laughs at that, and then nudges me to continue. " I like to read, mostly romance books. Im a bit of a hopeless romantic really, not that it's a side I normally get to show. I moved to london three years ago when I" I pause, not wanting to speak about my dad yet. "That doesn't matter, I have a nice apartment. I love sausage dogs and really want one but there's no way that I could ever afford that. And I love ice cream. Oh and I have a crazy sport obsessed work colleague who's basically my best and only friend. She's called Kerry." I can't believe I just nearly let slip about my dad, and told Leah that I had no friends.

The car stops and Leah turns to face me. "It does matter" she says at almost a whisper. We lock eyes for just a split second and then she turns away.

"I'm glad you like ice cream" she says calm once again. "Let's go, I bet you'll love this place".

And with that and no further panic I get out the car and head into what seems to be an ice cream shop with Leah.