the next few days

The next few days pass by and your encapsulated by your constant thoughts of Leah. Everything you do or see somehow reminds you of her. You find yourself zoning out completely fantasising about seeing her again in your head.

How can I already be so obsessed with her? We've only been on one date and I've barely known her a week. This is insane.

Despite your best efforts, it's hard to distract yourself from Leah, especially when your filled with a classroom of children who love her and want to know how you know her.

"Miss Stevens can we see Leah again soon, she was amazing and I loved her so much".

I smile "maybe one day but she's a very busy girl with Arsenal and England to keep up with, now let's get on with this maths"

"But Miss Stevens you know Leah so can't you just ask her to come back and see us, pretty please"

I laugh "I don't know her that well, but maybe I'll ask if you all get on now and do your maths problems".

Your whole day is filled with little pockets like this which does make you smile but also distracts you from your work for a good ten minutes after. It's impossible to get her out of your head.

_______________________________________________________________

By the end of Friday yay are exhausted of the children asking about Leah 24/7 and so you finally decide to send her a message asking how she is, after all it's what the children would want.

To Leah:
I think you've had some kind of lasting impact on the children, they can't stop talking about you and want to visit again? I think we might need to arrange something.

To Charlotte:
I'd love to see them again, they're all so cute. So just them whose thinking of me is it, or anyone else?

To Leah:
Maybe I've been thinking about you a bit. They've not helped to make it any easier for me.

To Charlotte:
Maybe that's their plan, try to trick their love sick teacher into messaging her and then she'll come and visit them again. It's worked though hasn't it.

To Leah:
Yeah I guess it has, when can we meet again? I miss you x

To Charlotte:
Right now if your free, I miss you too

To Leah:
I'm on my way.

Throughout the whole conversation, you don't really think, you just use your natural instincts and write what you feel. But when you realise what you've done, you panic

oh my god I can't see Leah now, I look awful like actually dreadful. And I'm exhausted from work, not the most charming guest. What have I done.

You sit for a few minutes too consumed by your own panic to even consider what's next. Why would you do that? Eventually however, you decide you have no choice realistically and have to follow your gut and just go with it. You go a get ready, putting on some light grey joggers, and a tight white t shirt as well as your blue Jordan's.

At least I've attempted to look nice, you think.

Once ready, you grab your bag and keys and lock up, then head to the car. You get in and begin driving to Leah's, excited and terrified all at once.

Authors note: sorry I haven't posted for a few days, I've been busy. I'm hoping to get some writing done today for you all :)
Thanks for reading