The snow storm

"Uh Leah" I say in almost a whisper. Showing her my phone. "I think I might be staying here for a bit longer than we thought". I smile, trying to break the now sudden tension present in the room.

She reads the phone, clearly trying to understand what's going on and what I mean. After a few minutes she speaks "yeah, I think my training is going to be cancelled tomorrow" she laughs "I guess this way we'll be forced to get to know you".

I laugh nervously, I hate storms, no matter if it's snow, wind or rain I just hate them. When I was younger, storms like this always brought out the worst in my father, I think he was scared of them as well. It always brought about the most hitting and pain and bad words. For days after, he'd be ten times worse than normal. I start to go pale, reliving the horrid memories of storms before.

Leah places her hands onto mine, and holds my chin up so I'm facing her. "Look at me, it's okay, I'm guessing you don't like storms but it's alright, I'm here and I'll make you okay. I'll protect you". She smiles, before kissing my nose softly.

I pause for a minute, I need to tell her, this is my opportunity. "My dad was abusive" I blurt out, seeing Leahs face change from comfort to anger and then to sympathy. "Storms always made him worse, I think maybe he was scared of them. They just bring back bad memories, lots of them". I can't believe I just told her that, I've never been that open with someone before. She probably won't care.

Leah looks at me with sympathy for a moment, clearly unsure of what to say after my sudden confession. "You don't deserve that" she smiles. "Your perfect and so pure and I don't understand why anyone could ever treat you badly". She smiles at me "I'll look after you and make sure nothing bad ever happens to you again".

I snuggle into her, feeling protected and safe, something I don't think I've ever felt before.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

We stay like that for an hour or so, continuing to watch the movie, I can't help but smile at how happy I am in this moment. Once the movie finishes, Leah looks down at me and smiles.

"I think it's probably time for bed, I'm tired". I laugh, suddenly realising how exhausted I also am now.

" I'll sleep on the sofa, it's only fair that you get your bed".

"I won't hear it" she looks at me "your sleeping in my bed with me, I can't protect you if either of us are on the sofa".

I smile as I hadn't even considered this option. Leah takes me into her room, and grabs me some clothes for me to sleep in as I don't have any myself. I go into the bathroom and get changed, brush my teeth and make sure I'm ready for bed, but also ready to see Leah again. Once I'm ready I walk into my room and see Leah tucked up in bed reading a book. I hesitate for a moment, not quite sure on what to do.

"Come here then" Leah smiles, holding her arms out and open for me.

I walk over to her and snuggle into her arms. A few minutes later Leah turns of the light and puts her book down. Then she puts a protective arm around me and we fall asleep. Now in this moment I know, I've never felt this safe.

Authors note: I hope you like this chapter and the other part as well. Let me know if you have any ideas for Charlotte and Leah, I'm just sort of writing and seeing where the story takes me. Thanks for reading :)