The never ending day

3pm
The first day back is always a struggle, and today was no different. With some new children, who haven't even experienced this level of learning before, I struggled through introductions, maths and English lessons before we finally made it to the end of the day. They seemed to all like me, and I liked them, which seeings as I'll be seeing them every day for the next 39 weeks or so, is a very good thing.

I hadn't even had a chance to think about this morning, or my promise to message Leah, and by the end of the day I had completely no idea what to say.

What if she was just being friendly, I thought to myself. Maybe she doesn't actually want me to message her. She probably just saw how flustered I was and decided it was the best idea to calm me down. She was so pretty, why would a girl like that ever go for me.

I panicked for a while, sat at my desk, going back and forward in my head whilst I decided whether I should or should not message Leah. I eventually came to the conclusion that I should, but just be simple and say something like hey. It's not like she is someone famous or something, maybe she's also panicking as well, wondering if she'll ever hear from me again.

To Leah:
Hey, this is Charlotte, the girl from the coffee shop this morning.

I wait anxiously, staring at my phone and desperately hoping she replies soon.

To charlotte:
Hello, you'll be glad to know my jumper dried out just fine ;)

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"What's going on in here, I can sense your panic a mile away". I look up startled, and see my colleague and best friend Kerry. "Oh hey Kerry, just been a long day that's all".
"You could say that again! Have you heard about the trip this Wednesday I'm running, it's to a football match".

Kerry is the sportiest teacher here, and so by trade she is head of PE. She always runs these trips to amazing events, mainly because she wants to go herself and get discounted prices.

"Oh cool" I reply, I personally have very little interest in sports". "I'm disappointed by your lack of enthusiasm Lottie, especially seeing as your coming with me !".

Great, I think, another pointless waste of my time. I won't even enjoy it.

"Great Kerry, I can't wait. Look I need to get home now, but ill see you tomorrow. If you could email me the details of the trip that would be great".

With that, I walk out of school and get back into my car. It's only then I realise I haven't yet replied to Leahs message.

To Leah:
"Haha im glad, I was worried I wrecked it".

A reply quickly flashes up on my screen
"Are you doing anything tomorrow night"

OH.MY.GOD.