The morning after

Beep Beep Beep !!
I wake up, still exhausted due to staying up so late last night. I look down at my phone, expecting to see nothing but I'm greeted by a message from Leah

From Leah:
Hey, I loved spending time with you last night. Can we meet soon? I'd love to come see you at work. I'm super busy today so I might not be too available to reply to messages. See I'm trying to prevent you from panicking. Leah xx

Oh my god she's so sweet, how does she already realise how nervous I am. She must have payed a lot of attention to me. I let my mind wander and think of Leah for a little while before I decide that I must get ready. I go through my usual routine, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, skincare. I make sure to wear something comfortable for today and the match with Kerry this afternoon. I keep it basic and wear flared jeans, white airforces and a grey Nike hoodie.

Time passes by so quickly in the morning, and before I know it it's time to leave. I grab my bag, my keys and head out the door, ready for a stressful but rewarding day at work.

_______________________________________________________________
Once at work, I head straight to my classroom. I find it very important to organise myself for the day once I get in, making sure I have everything the children need ready to go. It helps to prevent (some) chaos and help keep us all on track. I organise the papers, put pens in there pots and make sure the plan for the day is written in nice big letters on the board. I don't even notice Kerry coming in, and watching me for a while until she says:

"So you seem uncharacteristically happy today?"

I jump, startled by the presence of someone else in the room. "Yeah I guess" I reply "I've just got a fun day for the children today, and I'm excited to see how much they enjoy it".

Kerry smiles, she knows me and my focus on the kids too well. "Did you see my email I sent? It was on,y about 7pm and you normally always reply. I was just worried you weren't okay"

"Oh sorry, I was our last night, I lost track of time and didn't think to check my emails. Was it anything important?" I ask, trying to distract from the obvious subject.

"So your telling me you went out last night, lost track of time and now seem to be insanely happy" Kerry says, clearly enjoying this way too much. "Have you met someone, lottie?"

I start to worry a bit. Should I tell Kerry? I mean she knows me the best out of anyone in the world and will most definitely realise somethings up. But I've never felt this way before and I don't want to jinx anything. And what if Leah wouldn't want her to know.

"Yeah, well sort of" I reply sheepishly "she's really nice, I don't really know what she wants to be though so don't get your hopes up".

Kerry smiles "I don't think I'm the one who needs to be told to not get her hopes up, your smitten Lottie. I don't think I've ever seen you this happy before. But I'm so glad, you deserve all the love in the world even if you don't see it yourself, and i hope this girl will treat you like a princess".

I laugh "yeah maybe".

We continue chatting about work for a bit before the bell goes and it's time to start the day. Everything goes well, and the children love all of the football based activities they have planned. I think the biggest favourite was definitely designing there own football kits. Some of them were really good as well. I've been so busy, but I did get a few seconds to have a chat with Leah.

From Lottie:

Hey Leah, I hope your work thing went well. The kids are crazy excited, they have a trip this evening. Ps I'd love to meet soon, is this weekend any good? Xx

From Leah:
This weekend is great x