friday night at leahs

Filled with nerves and anticipation, you arrive at Leahs house, getting out your car and locking it as you go. You stand outside in the cool night air, trying to collect yourself and be calm. In out, in out, just breathe normally Charlotte it's going to be fine.

"You know you can come in right Lottie?". I jump at the crisp sound of Leahs voice in the otherwise silent night. She laughs, clearly aware of her own affect on me.

"Yeah, I was just collecting myself, it's been a long day". I smile, trying to break the tension that I've created myself.

Leah takes my hand, "let's go in, it's cold outside". We walk inside, hand in hand. I can see Leah smiling even in the dark.

Once we enter her apartment, I look around, startled by how nice and clean everything is. It's colour scheme is beige, white and grey, there's plants and pictures of Leah playing football and with her family everywhere. A massive bookshelf is the centre piece in the main room, filled with probably ever book to ever exist in multiple copies, which makes me smile, I love reading as well. Her kitchen is perfectly organised, food is all in draws or gently placed in see through containers. Her house is straight out of a Pinterest board.

"Wow, your house is very organised" I stand, thinking of how disorganised and messy my house is compared to this. Leah laughs

"yeah, I like to know where everything is, it just makes life easier"

"Maybe one day you need to come and help me organise my house, if I was this organised I'd definitely get a lot more work done".

We stand for a minute or so longer, Leah letting me soak in my new surroundings and gauge where everything is.

"So what do you want to do? I thought maybe we could watch a movie and have some snacks?". Leah speaks softly, trying not to startle me again from my trance.

"Movie and snacks sounds perfect" I smile, I love that she has planned so much of this already.

We go over and I sit down on Leahs beige sofa. She brings me a fluffy blanket and then heads off to the kitchen to look for snacks. I once again look at the photos around me and see so many of Leah with who I guess is her family, and her playing football and with different trophies. I smile, I love how much she clearly cares for this people, it makes my heart melt.

"Okay so I have some snacks, they're not the most exciting. I made us hot chocolate as well". She walks down and sits on the sofa next to me, taking the remote in her hand to pick the movie.

"How have you managed to get all my favourite foods" I laugh looking down at the plate of gummy bears, chocolate and cupcakes. Leah laughs back as well "clearly I know more about you than I thought I did".

"Okay so I was thinking something light hearted like a Disney movie, get us in the weekend mood. So how about finding Nemo, or maybe tangled".

"Either sounds perfect" I smile. I think this might be the happiest I've like possibly ever been. This is so strange yet so amazing,

Leah ends up choosing finding Nemo and turns on the movie before pulling me into a hug. I smile and we watch the movie like this for a while, occasionally moving to get a snack or drink. After an hour, Leah finally speaks:

"I don't think I really know much about you, tell me more".

I laugh "well I'm not the most interesting person ever. I'm 25 and I've lived in London for 3 years, before that I lived in Sweden, both my parents were Swedish. I don't really speak to them anymore though, we didn't really believe in the same things. I love being a teacher, it's the best job ever, getting to have such an important impact on their lives. I like reading, coffee, travelling sunsets, just basically things that everyone likes".

"I don't like coffee" Leah interrupts me, laughing.

"Okay so stuff that most people like. I want a dog, that's probably the most interesting thing but I can't have one because of where I live. Uhh and I'm definitely an introvert" I laugh a bit awkwardly.

"I'd sort of figured out that last one, my mum has a dog, maybe one day you can meet her".

"I'd love that" I smile. Just as I'm getting comfortable and settling into my night here, I get a notification on my phone.

BREAKING NEWS !! Impending snow storm, blown across from Canada is heading to London today. There is a red warning for life and it is suggested that past 10pm today no one should be leaving there homes. Stay where you are and ensure you have plenty of food. The travel ban and danger will be ending at 8:30pm on Saturday evening. STAY IN YOUR HOMES AND STAY SAFE.

I look at the clock on my phone, it's now 10:30pm.

Authors note: this one is a bit longer and wasn't meant to be two parts, but I decided if I kept writing it would get a bit ridiculous. Hope you like :)