Chapter 1: Welcome to my new life

Darkness.

Fear.

Confusion.

Sadness.

These were all things I felt when I was being lifted in a strange box-like contraption. Dim light allowed me to see boxes filled with animals and food and other items all around me.

Where am I? Who am I? Why can't I remember anything? Where are my parents? Do I even have parents?

Questions filled my head as I tried to stand, but failed; the speed of the Box rising and pressure knocked me back down on the hard, cool floor. I scooted to the corner of the Box, terrified of what was yet to come.

I felt as if I had no control of myself, nor the tears that never stopped pouring down my face and wetting my tank top. The fear overwhelmed me and I could barely suppress the air that my lungs were screaming for me to grasp.

I couldn't take the confusion any longer, and started to scream. A scream that was filled with anger. A scream that was filled with a need to escape this dark place. I pressed my hands to my ears and shut my eyes tightly, hoping that this is just a dream. A terrible, terrible, awful dream.

I opened my eyes, expecting to be home. Somewhere safe. Somewhere I could forget about what I was going through. But instead, I opened my eyes to a clouded vision from my tear-filled eyes, darkness, and my own nightmare-induced scream.

I slowly turned my head to see the back of the dark Box. I fully turned my body and started banging on the cage.

"Hey! Can anyone hear me?!"

"Please, get me out of here!"

Silence. Nothing except my own pleas and the Box rising up at rapid speeds; every now and then a squeal of an animal. I felt like an animal at a zoo, closed inside a cage with fear and a longing to escape, all the while people laughing and watching me.

Only difference? I was alone. No one was there to help me. I thought that's how it would stay, screaming and crying out for help until I starve to death. Except, that's not what happened. Blinking red lights flashed, emitting more light for me to see the horrors of never escaping. The rising Box of darkness and red lights suddenly came to a halt, and time felt like it stopped.

It all happened in slow motion. The ceiling parted, and a pool of light flooded into the once dark Box. I turned and saw a metal cage part to either side, and boys surrounded me. I tried to scoot further into the corner, but all that came was my back smashing itself relentlessly against the wall in an attempt to hide. A tall, strong boy with blonde hair and strange eyebrows jumped down right in front of me.

My left hand aimlessly searched for something to defend myself with, and I snapped a useless piece of wood off of the crate next to me.

"What're you-"

The boy wasn't able to finish his sentence as I slashed the piece of wood in his face, just barely missing his eye. Still, it bled a lot. I stood up and jumped on top of him, launching myself out of the Box, switching the wood to my right hand. {Or keep it if you're left-handed}

Boys around me tried desperately to get me to calm down, but I used the wood to slash them out of my way and took off running toward the gigantic walls-

Wait, walls? I thought. Yes, they were in fact walls. Big ones, too. I felt as if they were reaching up to the sky, so close yet so far from it. Ivy and vines endlessly poured down the walls, making them look horrifying yet beautiful simultaneously. As I was running, I heard people chasing after me, but the wind muffled my hearing; making them seem like an echo 100 miles away from me.

I suddenly felt a strong arm grip my wrist making me stop dead in my tracks. I turned to my left to see a strong Asian boy with spiky hair and sweat running down his face. He looked as if he'd just run a marathon.

"Where the shuck do you think you're going?!"