Chapter 28: I officially meet Teresa

Newt waited by the door for Thomas and Alby's conversation to be over, when I told him that I was gonna leave.

"Okay," He said. "Be careful, love."

I nodded, exiting the Homestead. The Glade was dark, but I could still see everything. What I couldn't find, however, was the new girl. I decided to just go back to where I'm comfortable: The Deadheads.

Walking through the forest, I made my way back to my hammock when I saw her. She was sitting in my hammock, wearing my quiver, aiming my bow at me! Who does she think she is?!

"Another girl...?"

"Yes, and you're wearing my stuff. So if ya don't mind-"

"Why is the sky weird? What's going on?"

"You never know when to shut your shuck mouth, do you? I have no idea what's going on. But, if you'd be kind enough to give me my bow and quiver back...."

"Teresa."

"Teresa. If you'd be kind enough to give me my bow and quiver back, maybe we could be friends."

Teresa thought about the suggestion, then gave me my bow and quiver. I then started from the beginning. How I acted when I got here, which she laughed at me when I mentioned how I cut everyone.

Just to make her aware, I explicitly explained that Thomas and I were dating. She looked a bit disappointed, but I was prideful that she couldn't be with him and I could.

She explained to me how she remembered a phrase.

"What phrase?" I asked.

She sighed, before rolling up her sleeve.

On her arm, three bold black words were written.

WICKED is good.