Chapter 23: We have a Gathering

Gally stomped over to us and crossed his arms over his chest.

"We are going to have a Gathering about this," He said.

I exchanged a worried glance with Thomas.

"Some of the Gladers don't even know I exist. What would they think of me?"

"Don't care. C'mon, shanks," Gally snapped, leading us out of the Deadheads. I quickly grabbed my hoodie and slung it over me, the hood covering my face. Gally, Thomas and I trotted out of the Deadheads and to the open Glade.

Gally trudged over to Newt and started to explain something to him, his eyes growing wide as he glanced over at us. I hid behind Thomas as he covered me with his arm.

20 minutes later, I was in the Homestead for my second Gathering, Minho glaring daggers at Thomas.

Gally began to speak while I had to agonizingly listen.

"I was walking through the Deadheads when I saw the Greenie making-out with...."

Gally stepped over to me and yanked down my hood to reveal my H/C hair and piercing E/C eyes. Everyone in the room gasped, especially the ones that never knew about me.

Chuck raised his stubby hand and began talking.

"Why didn't anyone ever tell us there was a girl?"

Newt opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by.... The Greenie Alarm.