Chapter 16: Thomas is bold and I get kissed

"T-Thomas!" I exclaimed.

I sat up trying to ignore the pain in my foot as I glared daggers at the Greenie.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"I wanted to apologize but saw that you were gone and knew you were here."

"How.... How much of my singing did you hear?"

"Enough to know that you can sing like an angel."

"W-what?!"

He chuckled, gently wrapping hair behind my ear.

My stomach exploded, fireworks going off as my face turned 50 shades of red.

"You okay? Your face is a little red," Thomas asked, clearly concerned.

"I-uh, I-I'm fine."

Thomas smirked, then leaned into my ear and whispered, "Do you like me?"

My eyes grew wider than the ocean as shivers ran down my spine. Was I really that obvious?! I thought.

I tried to form words but nothing came out.

Thomas cupped my face in one of his hands.

"Cat caught your tongue?" He teased.

I swallowed hard and shook my head, looking away. I sighed as I listened to the wind rustle the trees.

"Y/N, I know I barely know you, but I get this feeling when I'm with you. Like you're special to me in a way I don't know. Do you have this feeling?"

I turned my head back to face Thomas. "I-I do, actually."

He smirked again. "Can I do something to make sure we're right?"

"L-like what?"

He placed his other hand on my cheek and connected our lips.

It felt..... Right. Like I'd felt it before. I closed my eyes and rested my hands on his shoulders.

We pulled away as our eyes locked, the same expression on both of our faces.

"Wow..."