Chapter 25: I get harassed

{TW: Sexual harassment}

As I was leaving the Glade, I overheard Newt telling everyone that Thomas and I weren't together, which tore my heart over and over again with every word that left his lips. I choked back a sob as I quickened my pace and made it back to my little home.

I took a sip of water and bit into some bread while thinking about everything. Laying down in my hammock, I began to wonder what my decision would be.

Should I go back to the Glade or not? Well, what's the point if Thomas and I aren't together?

I decided on staying in the Deadheads and hoping that everyone would forget about me all over again. Thomas might decide to date that beautiful comatose girl, which I didn't mind. I wanted him to forget me.

That night, I was wide awake in my hammock, playing around with my knife. I decided to take a stroll around the Deadheads and clear my thoughts.

I slung my quiver over my shoulder and gripped my bow; You never know when something might strike. I trotted around the Deadheads listening to the crunching of leaves under my feet, the soft breeze whistling in my ears, the swaying of branches. Everything was so peaceful.

I took a glance up and admired the glistening stars shining brightly in the sky. I sighed contently as I readjusted my quiver and continued walking... until I hit one of the Maze walls. The smile on my lips soon faded in a disappointed frown. I'd forgotten that we were all trapped inside of a nightmare.

I reached my hand out and grazed the ivy lining the wall. I shakily ran a hand through my hair and drooped both of my arms down to my sides. The grip on my bow started to loosen while I hung my head low.

We're never gonna get out of here. Those words swirled in my mind and stung my heart over and over. My bow was suddenly snatched out of my hand and both of my wrists were gripped by something stronger than me.

I struggled against the creature as it slammed me against the Maze wall.

"Let go of me!" I snapped.

I soon noticed that it was a boy, dark brown hair, deep yellow eyes, pale skin, strong arms. Must be a Builder I thought.

"Newt said you were available, eh?" His voice pierced my ears as he leaned in and whispered, "Then I'll make you mine." He then started kissing me as I still struggled away from his iron grip.

This can't be happening to me! I thought. I wanted to yell out Thomas's name, but couldn't. Just when I thought I was about to cry, the boy was pushed out of the way and slammed against the hard dirt of the Deadheads.

I heard him getting punched while someone simultaneously saying, "Stay away from her!" It was his voice. I was shocked as I watched Thomas throw punch after punch into the boy's face, but I snapped out of my trance. "Thomas," I said.

He immediately turned around to face me. His knuckles were coated in a crimson substance, which I already knew didn't belong to him.

"They're going to find him in the morning and know that he was attacked," I explained.

Thomas turned to the boy, gave him one last hard shove, and stood up to face me.

"Why are you even here? You're supposed to be asleep," I whispered.

Thomas took a step closer to me, our chests almost touching.

"I saw him sneak out and to the Deadheads and was curious as to why."

"Well, thank you for saving me and beating his shuck butt. I didn't know you could hit so hard, Tom."

Thomas grinned, leaning in and pecked my forehead.

He turned around and chuckled at the sight of the beaten and unconscious boy on the ground. "Newt can't stop us from being together. I really do love you, Y/N. More than anything," He whispered to me.

That lifted my spirits a bit, but the comatose girl popped into my head. Her stunning looks, gorgeous hair. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck at the thought of Thomas leaving me for her.

Thomas frowned.

"Something wrong?"

"Yeah, but it's stupid. You wouldn't care."

"I'd care about anything you'd have to tell me, N/N."

"Fine, shuck-face. I'm being insecure, that's all."

"About what?"

"That new girl... she's so much prettier than I am. I'm afraid you'll like her more than me."

"Y/N, you're beautiful. And that girl isn't even awake. How would I like her more?"

"Because she's beautiful."

"Beauty isn't everything, Y/N. It's just a perk."

"R-Really?"

Thomas nodded, pulling me in for a hug. That night, I was reassured that Thomas would always love me and would never leave my side. No matter what.