Chapter 24: Another girl?

The Greenie Alarm boomed in my ears as the Gladers raced out of the Homestead, extremely confused. Just before Gally left, he turned to Thomas and I and said, "This isn't over."

I jogged out of the Homestead with Thomas by my side. Everyone was huddled over the Box. Thomas and I pushed our way to the front to see Newt jump down once Gally opened the Box. Newt looked up in shock and confusion.

"What does he see?" Someone from the back called out.

"It's another girl," Newt said in his British Accent.

Thomas and I peeked into the Box and my heart crumbled for a split second. She was unconscious, but absolutely stunning. She had beautiful long, black curly hair, pale skin, and a fit body.

I glanced over at Thomas and his mouth was slightly open; clearly he was shocked from her looks as well.

What if he leaves me for her? I thought.

Suddenly, she jolted to life and gasped.

"Everything is going to change," She said. Even her voice was gorgeous. {Gif above}

She laid back down and went unconscious once again.

"Everything is going to change?" I repeated. "What does THAT mean?"

Thomas turned to me with a confused look.

"I-I don't know."

"Clint, Jeff, take her to the Med-jack hut," Newt ordered while climbing out of the Box.

The Med-jacks nodded, jumping into the Box and taking her out and carrying her to the hut.

"Alright, everyone back to work! Thomas, Y/N, and I have unfinished business," Newt commanded. 

Newt led the way while Thomas and I walked behind. All the Gladers who hadn't seen me before, besides Chuck, wolf-whistled and called me hot and stuff like that.

Thomas wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer, giving out the message that I was his. When we made it to the Homestead, Newt started talking.

"I just want you guys to know that I'm not mad," He said. I was very confused.

"You're not?" I asked. He nodded.

"I just don't want you guys together. In the situation we're in, we can't have any kind of romantic relationships going on. I already have my hands full, I don't need any mini-Thomas or mini-Y/N's running around."

I chuckled as Newt smiled. Thomas just rolled his eyes.

"Because there's a new girl in the Glade, I wouldn't want you to feel replaced by her, Y/N. So, you're welcome to come back to the Glade and start over."

My heart stopped as the words flowed from his mouth. He wants me to come back? I thought. I'd become so used to my own life-style, I thought it'd be impossible to come back.

"I thought all the Gladers hate me. Why would you invite me back?"

"It's just an offer, Y/N. You don't have to accept it, but.... Think about it, okay?"

I nodded.

"Can Y/N and I still be together?" Thomas asked.

Newt cleared his throat.

"I think I made it clear I don't want you two together. The offer was for Y/N to come back, but no relationships. And that's the final offer. Good that?"

I sighed. "Good that," I muttered. I limped over to the door and made my way back to the Deadheads, disappointed that I wouldn't be with Thomas anymore.