Chapter 30: Thomas cheats on me?!

I eventually fell asleep and forget the terrors happening outside.

~*~

I trotted out of the Deadheads with a smile plastered on my face of nothing but pure joy. I was having a great day so far!

Everyone was being so kind and gentle with me and I was happier than ever. Of course, the day would've been better with Thomas, but that's where I was going! To the Doors, to say hi to Thomas from getting back from the Maze.

Making my way out of the Deadheads, I noticed that my limp was gone. I was absolutely overjoyed and ran and jumped around the Glade without a care in the world. Chuck smiled ear-to-ear and I saw Gally laughing, shaking his head at my childishness.

I made it to the Doors and saw Minho and Thomas walking through. I greeted Minho and he greeted me the happiest I've ever seen him. He squinted his eyes, his dimples showed, and he just looked happy to see me.

I went to greet Thomas but he just walked right past me like I wasn't even there.

"The shuck.." I muttered. I saw him jog over to Teresa, and started to kiss her... No... this can't be real!

Minho came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N... I'm so sorry..."

I choked up a sob as my entire face was flooded with tears.

"He said he'd never be with Teresa... Yet he's here right in front of me! In front of everyone! Why would he do this, Minho?!"

His eyes drifted back up to the two doing kissing.

"I-I..."

Minho's voice seemed distant and echoey as I heard someone chanting my name and shaking me.

"Y/N! Y/N! Wake up! It's just a dream, it's not real!"

I opened my eyes to the darkness of the blocked sun and a worried Thomas right above me. The dream came back to my mind and tears rolled down my cheeks again.

Thomas wrapped his arms around me and rocked me back and forth, stroking my hair.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Y-You cheated on me... With h-her."

"It was just a bad dream, N/N. I'd never do that."

"It was so real. You did it right in front of me. You were practically making out with her!"

"I'd never, ever do that. I promise on my life."

I looked back into his guilty eyes, the image still plastered in my mind.

I forced a smile and a laugh, burying my face in his chest.

"Slinthead," I said jokingly. I felt Thomas's chest vibrate as he chuckled, never knowing that I still didn't believe him.