Chapter 6: The new, hot Greenie

5 months later...

Great. I thought. Today is Greenie day. The day where everyone wonders stupid questions and the stupidest one of them all: Why aren't there any girls? That's when every shucking Glader in this stupid place tries to forget my existence and say there isn't any.

I sighed as I sat on a tall branch in my tree. The first few months were hard at first, but I figured out how to survive. The boys never found me; I raided the kitchen for food at night, I stole some supplies like a hammock and clothes, and I sat all alone all day. Sometimes I would sing songs I could remember.

It's the only thing I was happy doing in such a shucked-up place. I was blessed with a talent for singing, and I love it.
As I heard the Greenie alarm go off, I leaped off my tree and gracefully landed, being careful of my injured foot. I managed to fix it up and it got better; It only left me with a limp like Newt.

{Gif above} I jogged over to the edge of the Deadheads to see Gally pull out a boy-

Holy shuck! I thought. Even from a distance, I can tell that boy is hot! He had sweaty black hair, dirty skin, a blue shirt a bit unbuttoned, and gray pants with brown boots. I quietly creeped over to get a closer look, when I saw someone flick their head over to my direction.

I quickly hid behind a tree and peeked over to see the hot Greenie running for his life. I heard Zart yell, "We got a Runner!" right when he fell flat on his face.

It reminded me of when I first came, running for my life with the chunk of wood (Which I still had) and getting caught by Minho. I took my–what once was wood and now was a sharp knife– out of my pocket and flipped it with ease. I lost interest in watching the poor boy scramble for questions, and eventually skipped back to my tree.

I smiled at what I was able to create. I had a hammock hanging from two branches, a bag slung over a branch with food inside, sticks and leaves covering over my little home for shade, and an empty water bottle inside my hammock– which I filled up in the small pond whenever I needed to.

I also had a bow in my hammock for whenever I needed to use it; my quiver was already slung over my shoulder filled with arrows. It's pretty clear that I was able to survive on my own.

I suddenly heard the crunching of leaves and I quickly snatched my bow, took out one of my arrows, and turned around to face my foe. All I saw was a stupid Beetleblade.

I sighed and placed the arrow back in my quiver while still gripping my bow.

"Don't worry," I said. "I wouldn't waste not one arrow on you, shuck-face."

"Good that." I looked up in anger to see the scruffy blonde hair and babyface I wished I would've never seen again. "Why are you here, Newt?"

I swiftly reloaded my bow and aimed the sharp arrow right for Newt's head. He put his hands up in surrender as he slowly limped over to me.

"I'm not here to harm you, Y/N. I'm just here to tell you that you're invited to the bonfire. I think you'd like to meet the Greenie."

Once I realized that Newt wasn't a threat, I slowly turned my bow away from him. He sighed in relief while running a hand through his hair.

I gave him a cold glare and said, "You can go now. And don't tell a single shucking shank about this."

"I won't, love."

He turned and walked back to the Glade.