23

**decided to skip the meeting the parents part and just give yall a lorrr recap 🤣 im sorry it's just boring to meeee they either like her or don't.

—gonna try to be more consistent with this book becauseeee im trynna be done with it very soon and there's a lot that hasn't been done yet 🤦🏾‍♀️. I think 40-45 chapters should be fine + a couple of bonus ones.

now to the scheduled programming

——

March 18th, 2021 Klay's Apartment 8:32 AM

March 18th, 2021
Klay's Apartment
8:32 AM

It was the morning after returning home from Oregon, and Chanel and Klay were lying in his bed, trying to wake up for the day. After an eventful week of activities with his family, they were both equally drained. Chanel wouldn't complain, though; she enjoyed every second of it. She felt like she fit right in once they were all together.

In bed, she tiredly played with his curls while he rubbed her back underneath her shirt.

"You up, babe?" He asked quietly.

"Mhm," she opened her eyes to look up at him slightly. "Just comfortable right here."

"Same," he yawned. "Since we're both up, we can finally talk. We were so busy down there that we never got the chance to discuss how you felt about the trip and meeting my family."

"I loved it," she smiled. "It was fun; your brothers are sweet, your mom is amazing—your dad scares me a little, but he was nice too."

Klay chuckled. "He scares you?"

"Uhh, yeah? Don't act like he doesn't look intimidating," Chanel spoke. "Plus, he always has that same serious look on his face that you do but more intense"

"Yeah, I guess."

"But whenever I did speak with him, he was very kind and supportive of us," Chanel added. "I really thought he'd be the one in your family not to like the idea of us, but that wasn't the case for any of them, which was a big relief."

"It was... we were able to just be present as a couple and enjoy ourselves."

"I can't believe y'all really had me riding those nasty-ass horses and going on hikes and shit."

"Man, you loved that shit, don't start."

"I made the best of it."

"Next time, we're going to my grandparents' ranch for the family reunion, so be prepared."

"I hate you so bad."